eleven)

Eddie's POV

I didn't decide to go to English today.

I'm not sure why.

Just couldn't be assed, I don't think.

I was also just thinking about them hugging me earlier.

They got so excited when I told them I liked the songs.

Almost like they'd been waiting to hear it all their life.

I headed to band practice after school.

I don't know why I expected pure simplicity and silence.. since I hadn't really attended in a few days.

Oops.

"Eddie!" Gareth, our bassist, exclaimed.

"where the hell have you been??" Roger, the drummer, placed one foot on the drum stool.

"what.. are you talking??" I scratched the back of my head, placing my bag gently down on the couch.

"we were supposed to have practice this morning and you just.. didn't show up" Garth crossed his arms.

"I.. I uh.. I went to school" I shrugged.

"you. Eddie Munson. skipped band practice to go to school" He tilted his head.

I thought back to the look on Y/N's face after I told her I liked the tapes.

"uh yeah.. yes I did" I turned to grin at the two. "we can't even practice anyways, we don't have a singer anymore"

"I know but we can still do.. something" Roger mumbled. "we've barely seen you in days"

"you see me at lunch!" I exclaimed.

"that doesn't count" The bassist frowned.

"plus.. I thought you were all for not graduating again this year" Garth furrowed his eyebrows.

"well I've changed my mind, maybe.. I do wanna go somewhere in life" I mumbled, popping a piece of candy from the table into my mouth. "I hope this is fresh"

"do you like someone, Munson??" Roger asked, causing me to almost choke on the candy in my mouth.

"what!?" I exclaimed. "me? Eddie Munson? Liking someone? you're crazy"

"hmm.. I don't know. you have been hanging out with Harrington, Buckley and Hendersons sister a lot lately" Gareth shrugged.

"and how would you know that??" I crossed my arms.

"we were at the fair" He shrugged.

"you two were at the fair??" I smirked.

"shut up. we're talking about you here" Roger pointed at me aggressively.

"yeah.." Gareth nodded before gasping. "you're not into Robin, are you??"

"why does everything think that?? first y/n and now you, God! I do not like Robin" I sighed dramatically.

".. y/n?" Roger stood up slowly. "who's y/n?"

"Dustins sister?" I furrowed my eyebrows since they had.. literally just mentioned her.

"first name basis, are we??" Roger smirked.

"I mean.. well.. they're my friend so uh.. yeah??" I chuckled. "are you guys really that desperate??"

"you haven't had a girlfriend or a crush even since.. I don't even remember her name anymore. and that was in freshman year!" Gareth exclaimed.

"so y/n... Is that the one you like??" Roger rubbed his hands together mischievously.

"we're done with this!" I exclaimed. "let's just practice, for fucks sake"

I sighed heavily before grabbing my beloved guitar from the stand.. not before greeting her and giving her a kiss, of course.

"my first and only love" I sighed before plucking the strings to see if she's in tune. "Sabbath?? Yeah??"

I didn't even wait for them to speak before playing the intro of Paranoid by Black Sabbath.

I didn't speak much for the rest of the rehearsal.

I knew they'd tease me or ask me questions and frankly... I couldn't be assed for it.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow" I threw my hand up at the two before grabbing my guitar and leaving.

I usually leave my guitar there but I felt like taking it home today. I felt like having a little late night playing to myself.

I jumped in my van and drove home in silence... I guess if you can even call it a home.

It's a literal dump.

That's what i like to call it.

I felt somewhat relieved that my uncle wasn't home this night.

I didn't feel like much human interacting tonight.

I grabbed a beer from the fridge and made my way into my room, hanging my guitar up on its wall stand.

"until next time, sweetheart" I smiled gently before sitting down on my bed.

I scanned the room before my eyes fell on a pile of tapes that were lying amongst my floor. It was still in a mess from when I was finding the Bowie one.

I took a long sip of my beer before placing it down and crawling my way across the room to the tapes.

I sat cross legged and sat in front of the pile, staring for a moment.

I thought that maybe the whole.. tape exchange thing could become a thing.

I dove through the tapes, throwing and tossing them aside.

my eyes fell on You've Really Got Me by The Kinks.

I stared at it for a moment.

Thinking..

a small smile grew on my face.

but it quickly faded as I shook my head and threw the tape to the side.

After about 30 minutes, I came across a favourite of mine.

one that I needed them to hear.

Seperate Ways by Journey.

Oh.... my god.

If they don't like this, I swear... I don't think I could ever talk to them again.

I slid the tape into the pocket of my jacket, knowing full well I'd be wearing it the next day... I mean, I wear this baby every day of my life.

I sighed in satisfaction.. satisfaction that I had found the perfect tape.. and also anxiety.. anxiety of how they'll react to the tape.

I hope they'll like it.

I threw myself onto my bed and listened to my new abba tapes on repeat before falling into a deep slumber for the remainder of the night.