seven)

They didn't come back the next day.

I hoped they would.

I was so cold with them.

No wonder they didn't come back.

They'd probably get sick of how sad I am.

I wouldn't blame them.

God I've really fucked things up this time, haven't I?

"Y/N?"

I looked up to see my brother sat from across me.

"are you okay?" he wondered.

"sorry" I mumbled.

"this'll cheer you up" he grinned. "Steve called about an hour ago, he wants to know if you want to go to that Carnival downtown"

"is that today?" I groaned.

"yes. and he actually sort of demanded it.. well Robin demanded it. She said for you to get your ass out of bed, have a shower and come have fun with us" he shrugged.

I smiled gently.

"come on.. you deserve it" He pouted.

"is it just them two??" I wondered.

"I think Eddie too" he nodded.

Oh.

"are you coming along??" I asked.

"nah. this is a time for just you three, I don't want to overwhelm you" he replied softly.

"you're the best" I ruffled his hair.

"I think you should go. If you don't, you'll regret it" he shrugged, sitting back in his chair.

"I'll think about it" I mumbled, removing myself from the kitchen table and rushing back up to my bedroom.

I guess a shower wouldn't hurt.

I grabbed the stereo from my room and blasted my new tape as I showered.

I'm not gonna lie, it felt really good.

It's weird.

You don't feel up to doing something for days and days but then the moment you do it.. you feel better and wonder what the hell you were thinking in the first place.

I returned to my room and attempted to blow dry my hair.. I don't have the right texture to blow dry my hair and not absolutely murder it but it gives me that frizzy rocker look so I don't really care.

I sat down in front of my mirror and did my makeup for the day. I wanted something rather simple and not so.. eyeliner-y since my face is essentially wrecked from wearing old makeup for the last week.

 eyeliner-y since my face is essentially wrecked from wearing old makeup for the last week

This is the look☺️☺️

I paired it with a matching blue mini skirt and a white fitted shirt that was tied up at the waist. I paired it with some long black boots and my trust denim jacket as usual.

I wasn't even sure if I was going to the carnival but before I knew it.. I was dressed, showered and on my way to Steve's house so..

I guess I'm going to the carnival.

I knocked on the front door, not even knowing if they had left yet.

God.

I wish there was an easier way to contact people.. like a.. like a.. portable phone or something.

Well that's just a walkie talkie essentially...

Nevermind.

"Hey!" the door rushed open and they was Robin standing in the doorway.

They must've met here.

"hey" I smiled softly before hugging the beauty.

"you came" she looked really happy.

"yeah.. I didn't even know it until I was.. dressed and on my way here" I chuckled lightly.

"you look beautiful.. come in!" she gestured with her hands for me to come into the house. She closed the door behind me and I waited to follow her down to the basement where the boys were sat.

"Henderson!" Steve exclaimed excitedly before rushing to hug me.

"oof" I was suddenly taking off the floor into the hug. "I forget how tall you are"

"I'm so glad you came today!" he grinned, planting a kiss on my forehead.

I followed the boy across the room and sat in a circle with the gang.

I wondered if Eddie would say anything to me.

"so.. what's the plan today??" I wondered.

"well we thought we'd just hang out here for a bit before heading out" Robin nodded.

"essentially we were waiting to see if you were coming" Eddie smirked.

The room suddenly fell silent.

I could tell we were all thinking the same thing.

"ask your questions.." I mumbled.

"I don't have any questions. I'm just pissed" Steve crossed his arms.

"did you know.. he was.. gonna.." Robin fumbled over her words.

"I think so. he hadn't been affectionate for a while. He hadn't hugged me or kissed me or.. gosh he hadn't even grabbed a boob or anything" I chuckled, attempting to make light of the situation.

"he hadn't even grabbed a boob!?" Robin exclaimed.

And then..

Within a second.

I felt a pressure on the chest of my own.

A hand.

I looked down at the hand and followed the masculine arm to none other than my best friend Steve Harrington.

We connected within eye contact.

".. thanks.." I mumbled.

"here for you" he nodded gently.

We stared at each for a couple more seconds before bursting into laughter.

"you're an idiot" I cackled, playfully pushing his hand away.

"I made her laugh guys! I made her laugh!" he yelled, fistbumping the air dramatically.

"yes and with a boob touch out of everything" Robin was chuckling herself. "Munson, you're awfully quiet??"

"yeah, why don't you touch her boob?? break the ice a little" Steve snickered.

"you.." I punched his arm playfully.

"I'm just.. hangover" he smiled tightly.

"you seemed fine before Y/N got here" Steve stated.

Oh.

"why don't we just go?? the carnival isn't gonna be there forever" I stood up quickly.

"good idea, captain" Robin nodded, standing up with me.

"what's actually even there today??" Eddie wondered as we exiting the house.

"everything! Rides.. snacks.. Cotton candy.. stalls.." Robin began listing excitedly.

"right. $5 that Steve throws up first" Eddie held his wallet up in the air.

"oh. you're on" I jumped up and yanked the wallet from his hand, placing it in my own pocket.