twenty three)

"hey"

"hey"

"you ready to go?" the boy smiled at me.

"fuck yeah" I crinkled my nose.

"you're wearing my t-shirt" he stated.

"yeah but.. no one will know" I shrugged.

"that's not why.. okay" he smiled with a quick nod before starting the van and beginning our journey to school.

The journey was very quick and nowhere near long enough for but before I knew it.. It was time for class.. Class I had without Eddie, sadly.

God..

I am clingy, aren't I?

I desperately attempted to block out the day and make it go as quickly as possible before lunch came around.

And to beyond my surprise, I bumped into Max Mayfield in the corridor.

I haven't seen her much since Billy.. you know.. she hasn't talked to us much but today she started the conversation surprisingly.

"hey" she spoke after a few moments of silence.

"hey there, MadMax. you okay??" I smiled over at the girl.

I always liked Max.

I knew the boys weren't fussed at first but from the moment I first saw her.. I knew she was cool plus.. they DESPERATELY needed a girl in that group.

She said nothing but nodded softly.

"you going to the game tonight??" she asked.

"uhh I don't know. Eddie and the boys have their DND tonight but in not sure if people can come and watch or anything" I stated. "are.. are you going??"

"nope" she stated bluntly.

I wasn't really sure what to say.

I feel so bad for the girl.

I just want to give her a big hug.

"is that Eddie's jacket??" she asked after a moment.

"hmm??" I turned my head to the girl.

"that patch with the wasp on it.. Eddie has that on his denim jacket" she mumbled.

I couldn't stop walking because we were in the corridor but if I could.. I would've frozen in the spot.

I looked down at the jacket I was wearing and it didn't take long to realise.. yes...

I had indeed picked up Eddie's denim jacket instead of my own today.

Shit.

I almost wanted to curse the boy for not noticing in the van but it's not that bastards fault.

"this?? I.. I love W.A.S.P" I chuckled awkwardly... I was hoping she wouldn't notice but she's smart.

She's also too sad to care.

"right" she nodded gently. "I gotta go"

She didn't even allow me to say another word before walking away into a separate corridor.

Shit. Shit. Fucking holy shit.

I wasn't exactly sure what to do..

Hide the jacket in my bag??

Wear it and hope no one notices??

Why does it have to be cold today??

I'm such an idiot.

I contemplated for a mere 5 minutes before ripping the jacket from my torso and shoving in into my bag.. It didn't exactly fit since Eddie had his bigger than mine but I prayed it was enough for no one to notice.

I took a deep breath and made my way into the cafeteria.

I instantly saw Eddie.

He was sat on the table.. clearly riled up because of the game tonight.

I still need to ask him about that.

I made my way to the table and muttered a hello before sitting down.

"And Wilson arrives at last" Eddie grinned, bringing everyone's attention to me. "guess what day it is today??"

"the.. uh.. DND game tonight??" I mumbled.. slightly alarmed.

"and the lady is absolutely correct" the boy nodded, pushing himself back into his chair.

"I've uh.. meaning to ask something about that actually" I muttered over the table.

"what's up, Y/N?" Will replied sweetly.

I love Will.

He's my favourite.

"is it like a.. members only thing or.. could I come and watch??" I was slightly scared of Eddie when he was like this.. riled up and DND mastered.. I don't know.. I only see him like this for less than a hour a day.. I don't really know what it's like.

"I'm sorry, sis" Dustin frowned.

"it's a members only thing, sorry Henderson" Gareth shrugged, leaning over the table.

"don't worry though!" Robin appeared in the seat next to me. "Steve and I will be at the game so you can chill with us"

"perfect" I ruffled the hair of the beautiful girl by my side.

"have you heard from Sinclair??" Eddie leaned forward, eyeing the boys by the side of me.

"oh.. speaking.. of.. Lucas is doing his.. ball.. game tonight so he won't be able to make it" Dustin mumbled.

Eddie said nothing.

He closed his eyes and sighed loudly before slamming the table with his palms, startling everyone.

"are you kidding me??" he growled.

"it's okay though, we'll find a sub! We'll find a sub!" Mike exclaimed, clearly terrified.

"you better. you... better" Eddie shook his head. "not today, Wheeler. you are not ruining today"

"we'll get one, Eddie. I promise" Will smiled.

"go then.. Go find one" Eddie leant back in his chair.

The three boys stared at him for a moment before realising he was seriously and quickly scurrying off out of the cafeteria.

"jesus Eds.." Robin mumbled.

"Y/N and I have English next so I think it's a good idea for us to go" Eddie replied, standing up from the table as the bell rang.

I looked around for a moment before standing up, grabbing my bag and following the boy.. knowing full well that we did not have English next.

"Eddie.. Eds!" I called after him before he finally stopped. "are you okay??"

He said nothing but just pulled me in for a hug.

I froze for a moment before wrapping my arms around the boy.

"meet me after the game??" he pulled away after a few moments.

"of course" I nodded.

"I gotta cool off, I'll.. I'll see you later" he smiled tightly before disappearing into the crowd.

Eddie is strange.

His moods..

I'm worried about him.