twenty eight)

"you think that went well??" I asked nervously.

He didn't respond for a moment.

"Eddie?" my voice trembled.

We reached an alleyway where he stopped me.

He turned to me, smiling gently.

He didn't hesitate before kissing me once more.

"I'm so proud of you" his smile grew.

"Eddie.." I could've cried on the spot.

"I think Wayne is home so.. you wanna go to our little forest spot to talk??" he suggested.

I nodded gently.

He grabbed my hand, intertwining our fingers before leading my down the alleyway.

I was nervous at him holding my hand but the alleyway essentially led straight into the forest so no one would see us anyways.

We walked in a happy, comfortable silence before stopping at the picnic table that wasn't far off from the schools football field.

"come on, seat your pretty ass down" he grinned, sitting down on one side of the table.

"you did not just say that to me" I gawked at the boy, sitting down anyways.

"what? like you totally didn't find me playing the guitar hot" he leaned forward, resting his head on his hands.

"I was.. impressed" I shrugged.

"right" he nodded slowly, the smirk not leaving his face.

"ANYWAY, what's up?? What did you want to talk about??" I wondered, reaching over to take his hand in mine.

"I'm.. I'm gonna be honest" he spoke which instantly made me nervous. "I'm scared"

Oh.

"scared?" I frowned. "about what?"

"about us" he spoke bluntly.

Oh.

"well.. The last relationship I had wasn't.. it didn't.. It didn't end all good and I know yours didn't either so I just thought we should talk.. air our anxieties.. talk about us and.. discover where this is going" he explained.

"that sounds like a good idea" I nodded. "so what are you scared about?"

"losing you.. losing another person. failing you" he spoke softly. "I've been alone for most of my life and being with her was great. It gave me hope but when I lost her.. I just decided it would be better to give up on all of that.. all the love.. the friendship but then I started Hellfire and made all these friends and met you and.. God.. you.. I want to try living again. I want to live again, I just don't want to lose you.. fail you"

"you could never fail me, Eds. never" I reassured him. "of course, you're gonna be scared of that happening. Relationship wise it's all you've known but all I can do is just reassure you and tell you that it's not gonna happen again. I promise you, it's not gonna happen again. you could never fail me"

He said nothing but nodded softly.

"do you wanna talk about your anxieties?" he asked.

I hadn't thought about it till now but yeah..

I guess I am scared.

I try not to think about Axel so I guess the fears aren't really there but..

They're still there.

"I.. I never thought about it before really.. I mean.. Of course sort of the same.. Losing you.. Failing you.. Not being good enough" I mumbled.

"you will never not be good enough, Y/N. you are.. the best thing I've ever come across. seriously. and you could never fail me.. you are an absolutely epic.. beautiful little bundle of sunshine. you will always be good enough" he smiled gently.

"god this is fucking sappy" I sniffled, chuckling gently.

"do you want to be with me??" he asked, rather out of the blue.

"yeah.. I do. and I trust you. I trust that you wouldn't do that to me, what he did" I stated softly. "do.. do you wanna be with me??"

"oh my god yes.. so much" he chuckled.

"is there anything else you want to say??" I turned to look at the table.

"I don't know.. you wanna be with me.. I wanna be with you.. how about we.. be together" he suggested.

"be together?" I lifted my head to look at him.

"yeah like.. properly" he rubbed my hand with his thumb. I could feel the cold metal of his rings shaking against my skin.

"like.. boyfriend-girlfriend properly?" the corners of my mouth twitched up into a small smile.

"if you wanna be all pre-school about this then yeah.. boyfriend-girlfriend properly" he chuckled nervously. "so.. do you want to.. be my girlfriend?"

I felt like a weight had be lifted off of me.

"eddie munson.. that would be the greatest pleasure" I grinned.

"okay.. okay!" he stood up enthusiastically. "that.. is.. that's great"

"yeah" I stood up, making my way around the table to stand in front of him. "Eddie Munson.. my boyfriend"

"god.. I could so get used to you saying that" his face edged closer to mine.. his hand snaking around my waist, pulling my body against his.

"I'm so happy with you" I spoke against his lips.

"I'm so happy with you" he spoke gently before closing the gap between us.

He kissed me gently, one of his hands moving from my waist up into my hair.

I lifted my own and swung them over his shoulders, one hand making its way onto the back of his neck.. pulling him closer to me as the kiss deepened and became more intense.

I gasped against his lips as I felt his grip tighten around my hair.

"Eddie.." I mumbled, pulling away from him.

"sorry.. got a bit carried away" he smirked.

"no.. I liked it" I met his eyes once more.

"god don't look at me like that, I'll kick Wayne out on the streets in a minute" he groaned softly.

"for what??" I circled a strand of his hair around my index finger.

"you know what" he lowered his voice.

"it's a shame we've got a movie to watch" I mumbled before leaning forward and planting one last kiss on the boys lips before gently pushing him away.

I heard him groan in frustration before grabbing my hand and pulling me through the forest, giggles escaping from my lips.

I'm so happy.