one)

Saturday Morning. April 24th. 1986.

The morning of Decendant Rockabye's first. ever. gig.

I started the morning with a spring in my step and did what I did each start of the day.

I jumped out of bed grabbing my Walkman from my windowsill, whipping it over my ears and blasting some tunes as I made my way to the kitchen. I noticed coffee already brewing which told me that Mom was awake which was... relieving. I grabbed a mug from the cupboard and poured myself a cup o' Joe.

"fuck" I mumbled, reacting to the song playing in my ears.

I began strutting around the kitchen to the sound of the music, enjoying the sun shining through the window as it burnt into my hair.

"fat bottomed girls, you make the rocking world go round" I sang to myself before turning and seeing my brother stood in the doorway.

I sighed heavily before ripping the headphones from my ears, the song was still playing from around my neck but my mood was ultimately ruined.

"what?" I spat, taking another sip of coffee.

"good morning sis" he smiled his toothy grin before heading for the fridge.

"what's up bro" I asked, pulling myself up to sit on the kitchen counter.

"I just wanted to see how you're feeling, say congrats and good luck for your gig tonight" he replied, reappearing from behind the fridge door with a carton of milk in hand.

"oh.. well.. thanks dusty. you boys still coming??" I smiled.

"wouldn't miss it for the world" he saluted the carton my way before cracking it open and taking a swig.

I'd be disgusted but this is completely expected of him at this point.

"oh.. Uh.. we were mentioning it at lunch and my friend says he wants to come along" he stated quickly.

"what friend..??" I asked suspiciously.

I'm not very popular.

Not very at all.

So the idea of someone asking to come see my show makes me very suspicious and deeply afraid.

"Eddie Munson, he's the leader of the Hellfire club" he replied.

I furrowed my eyebrows for a moment, attempting to recall.

"the Hellfire club??" I was confused.

"the.. the dnd club" he plastered on a smile.

"riggghhhttt! fuck. sorry, man. I totally forgot. Is he new??" I wondered.

"been here for 6 years actually" he nodded with almost a sense of.. pride.

"there's only 4 years in high school, dust" I stated, assuming that he was just being stupid.

"he's been held back for the last two years" he shrugged.

"sounds like a star" I forced a smile before sipping my coffee.

"so can he come along??" Dustin looked up at me.. he really likes this guy...

"why not?? the more the merrier" I nodded sternly before placing my cup down. "right, I gotta head to practice. I love you, dust. I'll see you tonight"

I rushed back up to my room and got ready for the gig.

I threw on my white lace mini dress and paired with a pair of white flowery cowboy boots. I paired them with an array of bracelets and rings, and finished the outfit with my trusty oversized denim jacket... I call it my trusty jacket because its filled with pins and patches... and I also wear it every day.

I rushed my hands through my hair and.. essentially messed it up so that it was volumous and.. messy.. yeah.

I still had smudgy makeup on from the night before but weirdly it looked good so I stuck with it and rushed out of the house.

I didn't bother taking the car and just decided to walk to the gig.

Luckily it wasn't too far away.

"hey guys!" I threw my arms up as I entered the empty pub, seeing my friends and bandmates stood at the stage.

"hey y/n!" my best friend Dandelion spoke.

What a fucking cool name, right??

Unfortunately we just call her Dan though.

"hey babe" I felt an arm snake around my waist. I turned my head to see the guitarist of the band and my boyfriend, Axel.

"hiya hun, you okay??" I smiled.

"you look hot" he grinned before planting a sloppy kiss on my cheek and headed to the stage.

Me and Axel have been together since Freshman Year.

It was love at first sight.. high school sweethearts.. sorta like Nancy Wheeler and Jonathan Byers.

that perfect IT couple, you know.

We started the band together and then came on board Dan, our Bassist and then Billy, our drummer.

Dan is very much like me.. more on the psychedelic.. hippie side of the rock spectrum.

While Axel is like... well.. his name isn't even Axel.. he named himself after Axl Rose... and I think that says it all.

Meanwhile Billy is an amazing drummer, yet he looks like a member of Devo.

We're a strange little bunch, we are.

Music wise, we mostly do classic rock like.. Queen, Stones, Billy Joel, Hendrix, Fleetwood Mac, The Doors.

although I do sneak in a little Elton John, David Bowie and Black Sabbath from time to time.

All of which are either too soft or too hard for the band.. mostly Axel has a problem with it but everyone else is mostly okay with it and the audiences love it! so it's all good!

I grabbed our setlist and took a look over it to make sure everything was in check.

"Where's Life On Mars??" I turned to the band quickly.

"took it off, hate that song" Axel snickered.

"but we all agreed on it, and it's a uber audience pleaser!" I exclaimed.

"also Axel, you need total band permission before taking a song off the set list" Billy stated from behind his set.

"whatever. anyone who likes that Bowie is stupid anyways" he chuckled before getting back to tuning his guitar.

I sighed heavily before grabbing a pencil and rewriting the song back into the middle of the setlist.

"I added comfortably numb so you can have a bit of a solo, babe" I turned and grinned to my boyfriend.

He threw me a nod before going back to his guitar.

I forced a smile on my face before turning back to the band.

Authors note//

hi hi!! I hope you're all enjoying the story. I know I haven't been updating as usual but I had a huge writing spike today so more should be out soon.

I also made a playlist for this story, it's compiled of all of the songs mentioned and used within the chapters.

here's the link! hope you enjoy:
Link is also in my profile bio!

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0UyZBuLzFl7XAD1HmehV1U?si=9nAaOumySLe3MwjrvAxqdg&utm_source=copy-link