ten)

And after what felt like mere minutes... the ferris wheel reached the ground once more.

I jumped from the little booth and looked around the carnival, attempting to find the other two members of the group.

It was then my eyes fell on Robin who was caressing the back of Steve Harrington as he was bent over... vomiting.. loudly.

Fuck.

I whipped $5 out of my pocket and held it out by the side of me.

It was mere seconds before it was swiped out of my hands.

"thank you very much" he grinned.

I poked my tongue out at him in response.

"okie dokie. I think it's time to go home" I chucked lightly, approaching the two.

"you're just saying that because you just lost $5" Eddie snickered.

"no.. I'm saying it because I don't want Steve to die" I stated.

"that's cool cause I got to get up early for work anyways" Robin shrugged, tapping Steve on the back.

"you okay, buddy?" I wondered as the boy finally stood up.

"I... bed" he nodded gently.

"okay. Time to go" Eddie wrapped his arm around the boys shoulder as we all made our way out of the carnival.

I knew one of them would make an excuse to walk me home.. probably Eddie so I quickly said my goodbyes and headed home.

I didn't...

I know I've spent all day talking to people but I sorta just wanted to have a nice walk home with some music.. which is what I did.

The first time in weeks where I didn't just listen to that Bowie song Eddie gave me.

Which is good.. I think.

I reached my house and rushed straight to my room, throwing my shoes to the corner of the room and collapsing on my bed.

I slipped my headphones from over my ears and placed them on my bedside table.

"sis!" Dustin barged into the room. "how was the carnival??"

"oh hey. It was.. actually really nice. Steve threw up. thanks for convincing me to go" I nodded gently.

"okay. cool. that's cool. sorry, we got a campaign tonight but I just wanted to say hi quickly" he grinned before rushing out the room, but I stopped him before he could.

"wait a second" I scrambled across my room to my collection of tapes and scurried through them.

I picked out the two that came to mind.

Abba - Does your Mother Know

Abba - I've Been Waiting For You

"give these to Eddie, from me" I shoved the tapes in his hand.

"abba, really??" he questioned.

"just do it!" I exclaimed. "and don't be home too late! We have school"

"you're gonna go to school..." he furrowed his eyebrows.

"yeah.. maybe" I shrugged.

"see you later, sis" he smiled widely before exiting the room.

I led back onto my bed.

Well I guess I'm going to school tomorrow.

I questioned on whether getting some sleep but it was still light out so I grabbed my copy of Frankenstein and decided to get a little bit more reading in before falling asleep.

I woke up.. surprisingly on time that next morning and for the first time in a while, I didnt feel excruciating exhausted in the morning.

I threw my hair up into two low pigtails before throwing on a cropped band t-shirt, a black mini skirt and my usual black cowboy boots. I paired it with my denim jacket wrapped around my waist since it was a pretty hot day.

I grabbed my school bag and rushed out of the house.

The occasion of last night inspired me to listen to some Abba on the way to school that morning.

I fucking love abba.

I swear, I will convert Eddie..

Even if it kills me.

I'm kidding.

If he doesn't like them, it's fine but like...

They're Abba.

"hey" I was startled when I felt someone grab at my arm.

"hey!" I yelled shoving them.

"Wilson.. hey.. it's me" my eyes adjusted to see Eddie Munson stood in front of me with his arms thrown out.

"fucking hell. you scared the shit out of me" I frowned.

"sorry, sunshine" he smirked.

"what's up??" I wondered.

"I thought you'd want some feedback for your tapes" he shrugged.

"and?" I excitedly took a step towards him.

"I.. I liked them" he stated. "the slower one, I was surprised you gave me but I liked the uh.. I liked the chords. they were nice and the other one is just.. you can just boogy to that"

"oh I would pay millions to see Eddie Munson boogy" I sighed dramatically.

"they're.. not exactly my thing but I'll admit that they make you feel really good" he nodded.

"so have I converted you?" I pouted.

".. somewhat" he mumbled.

"yes!" I exclaimed, throwing my arms over his shoulders, pulling him in for a hug.

As quickly as I did it, I pulled away.

"ah.. sorry" I mumbled, my face was still close to his.

"yeah.. yeah, it's fine" he smiled softly.

"yeah" I chuckled, finally removing my arms from over his shoulders. "I'm just.. I'm glad"

"it seems my opinion means a lot to you" he stated.

"I.. uh.. I just love abba" I nodded. "what've you got first?"

"maths" he groaned before pretending to throw up.

"same here" I muttered.

"shame we haven't got it together" he shrugged.

"don't be too sad. We have English today. you think you're gonna show up??" I wondered.

".. maybe" he grinned. "Wilson?"

"yeah, Eds?" I replied.

"you wanna sit with us for lunch??" he asked gently. His voice was softer than usual.

"well considering Axel sits at my usual table, I'd love to. I'll ask Robin as well, if I see her beforehand" I exchanged a soft smile with the boy, who looked quite happy at this fact.

Does he...

"Robin is.. she's not your type. by the way" I stated quickly.

"what??" he furrowed his eyebrows in pure confusion.

"I.. uh.. nevermind" I shook my head. "we better head in"

Fuck.