twenty seven)

"you see? They didn't suspect a thing!" Eddie exclaimed.

"you really bought a Pretty In Pink tape?" I turned my head to the boy.

"well we've got a movie to watch tonight.. you're welcome" he grinned.

"now they think you're a romcom fanatic" I stated.

"who's says I'm not??" he shrugged softly.

"dear lord.. you do continue to surprise me" I scoffed.

"is that a good thing or a bad thing??" he wondered, I could sense a slight beg behind his question.

"it's always a good thing, Munson" I smiled softly at him.

"come on, we've got band practice" he returned the smile.

"do they even know I'm coming??" I asked gently, playing with the hem of my shirt.

"well if you were actually listening at lunch time, you'd know that I told them" he teased.

"I was.. zoned out" I mumbled.

"thinking about me?? I mean.. come on, that's obvious" I felt his arm snake around my waist.

"you wish" I poked my tongue out at him. "so what do you guys do.. generally?"

"anything rock. mostly heavy but we could incorporate some softer stuff, especially with you joining" he explained. "I do have a request though"

"yes..?" I felt a little nervous.

"could you do crazy train?? I've been begging to play that for ages plus I know it's gonna impress them plus.. I love you singing that song" he asked soflty, gently and adorably.

"it would be my pleasure, honey" I smiled.

"I'm gonna pretend you didn't just call me that otherwise I'm literally gonna melt" he sighed heavily.

I giggled at the boys reaction.

He's so cute.

"alright, come on. It's right here" he mumbled before we approached a house.

It was only then I realised we weren't in a neighbourhood I recognised. We stood in front of a rather wealthy looking house.

He knocked on the garage door and within seconds, it slowly opened to revealed a large garage filled with a four piece band.

Microphone front and centre, a drumset and two guitar stands.

In front of us stood Gareth, one of the Hellfire members and bassist of the band.

Behind him at his drumset, I could see another boy. He's not a member of the Hellfire club but i felt like I had seen him around.

"afternoon, Munson" Gareth nodded at the boy before turning to me with a smile. "Miss Henderson"

I lifted my hand in a small wave before following Eddie into the garage.

"hey Rog!" Eddie got the boys attention. "this is Y/N. She's gonna be our new singer"

"her?" he turned his head to me.

I felt his eyes scan my body before making their way back up to my face.

"she's got the look" Gareth chimed in.

"can she sing though?" Roger asked.

"well let's see" Eddie turned to me, giving me a reassuring smile before gesturing me to stand in front of the microphone.

"Crazy Train" he turned to the boys before grabbing a guitar from the stand and plugging it into one of the amps.

"it's your lucky day, Munson" Gareth shook his head, doing the same with his bass.

"whenever you're ready, newbie" Roger spoke from the drums.

I took a deep breath before tapping on the microphone to make sure it was playing.

Okay let's go.

This was the first time I'd sang this song since that night, that gig.

The gig where everything ended and everything began.

A lot of memories sprung back to me as I sang the dramatic intro.

Memories of Axel.

Memories of that night.

Memories of.. everything with Eddie.

As I moved into the verse, I shook my head of these thoughts and just got into the performance.

I removed the microphone off of the stand and moved my way around as if I were actually performing.

I turned around to the band since I was performing with them and.. I don't know.. I just wanted to see them play.

They sounded great.

Like.. they sounded really good.

My attention was then turned to Eddie as he began playing the little solo that was before the bridge.

It was then I realised I'd never seen him play guitar before.

God he's good.

God damn he's good.

I'd be lying if I said the sight of him playing guitar didn't make me feel a bit fuzzy inside.

I broke into the bridge (my personal favourite part of the song) as his eyes met mine.

He shot me a small smirked which.. paired with the guitar playing.. mm.. I could've just fainted on the spot.

I kept his eye for a few seconds before realising it was probably safer for me to turned back to the open garage door.

I'm not gonna lie.. I got really fucking into it.

I love this song and I love performing this song and it just all felt.. Right. It just felt right.

We finished the song and the room fell to silence.

I cluttered the microphone back onto the stand before turning to the band.

I felt a little nervous...

..okay very nervous.

"that.. was the best we've ever sounded, I think" Roger chuckled lightly from the drums.

I sighed in relief.

"you're good, Henderson.. like.. really good" Gareth nodded.

I mumbled a thank you to the two before turning to Eddie.

He was already looking in my direction with a large grin on his face.

"so guys.. what'd you think?? she in??" he still kept his eyes on me.

"I think it'd be career sabotage if we didn't take her on" Gareth laughed lightly, Roger nodded his head in agreement.

"that settles it then.. welcome to corroded coffin" Eddie smiled before reaching out his hand.

I laughed lightly but eventually took his hand and shook it.

I repeated the action with the rest of the band and returned to my initial space.

"so there we go! Corroded Coffin is anew again" Gareth grinned.

"and that's all because of you" Eddie smiled sweetly at me. "anyways! my good men, as much as I'd love to continue practicing. I have been aimed to take this lovely lady home.. brothers orders"

"see you tomorrow" I waved gently at the group before following Eddie out of the garage.

Authors note///

hi hi pretty people! I'm sorry my uploads have been so all over the place, I've just been busy with.. life and stuff. Im going on holiday tomorrow so I won't be uploading for a while but I'll have a lot of time during the week to write new chapters so no uploads for a while but then like.. a whole bunch at once. Thank you for the continuous love on this story.

- Ren