021

My heart pounds as i jump through the gate. Im left unharmed but something had happened to Dustins leg, "are you okay?" I ask him. He doesn't answer me but he limps out the door. We scan the trailer park. "EDDIE" Dustin shouts. "EDDIE" i shout even louder. We look around more and we spot a tornado of bats. My eyes fill with tears as i run towards it, Dustin limping behind me.

I could see Eddie struggling on the floor and I could see the bats gripping onto his body as he screams in pain. When i reach him the bats move and Eddie's body is all i see. I run to him and kneel beside him cradling his body in my arms. "Eddie...Talk to me"

"Bad hu?" Eddie gasps for air, "no your going to be fine" Dustin kneels down the other side of him. "We just got to get you to the hospital" i say pulling him closer, Dustin begins trying to sit Eddie up, "i think...I think i just need a second" Eddie tells him. Dustin loosens his grip causing his body to drop onto me.

Eddie smiles widely at me. "I didn't run away this time, right?" He says. "No. No. No. Not this time" Dustin replies. I cry as i hear him choke on every word.

"You're gonna have to look after those little sheep for me okay?"

"No your going to do that yourself" Dustin says defensively.

"Nah man. Say your going to look after them...say it"

"Im...im gonna look after them"

"Good...'cause im actually gonna graduate. With Amber" his hand tries to find mine, i hold it tight. "I think its my year Amber...I think its finally my year" He says tears rolling down his face. "I love you" he tells me. I kiss his forehead, "I love you too. And im sorry im so sorry"

"Don't be sorry"

"Im sorry" i cried holding him closely.

"You knew this like you did with Chrissy didn't you" i nodd in response. "I forgive you. Be careful out there Amber" He tells me.

"You coming back to Hawkins with me, i see our future reflecting from your eyes. Your going to me okay your a hero, my hero" i say. He smiles but his expression quickly changes. "No... No. No" i scream out. Dustin lowers his head and sobbs. "NO...EDDIE" I hold his body closer to him and kiss his head multiple times. "Hes going to be okay" i begin to pull him up but Dustin stops me. "Amber stop...hes gone" i losen my grip on him and close his eyes for him. "Im sorry" i say to Dustin..."im sorry" i say again looking down and Eddie. "Im so fucking sorry" i look down at Eddie once more. We fall silent...

———

I turn in my bed. "Bad dream?" Eddie asks me. I nodd. He pulls me closer to him and kisses my head. "Its okay its not real" i nodd in response. He sits up off the bed and pulls a shirt over his head. "I love you" i say, he turns to me. "I love you too"

Word Count: 543

Sorry-
Also next chapter is the last :)