37) Getting Rehmaat Back!

Song dedicated to this chapter- Ek kudi by Diljeet Dosanjh!

**********

Three days after Rehmaat came back to Punjab!

Amritsar Punjab.

Writer's POV

Brar House, the ever smiling Brar House where everyone always keep smiling, cracking jokes.

The house which was always bustling with the liveliness of its members, seemed different today,

It seemed dull!

Mrs. Harpreet Kaur Brar turned the gas off after making her daughter's favourite Maggi. Normally she tries to avoid making Maggi but due to Rehmaat's constant nagging she gives in.

But today, today was different, today Rehmaat didn't Asked for it. Instead she was not even muttering a word since she arrived from that hideous place.

She and her family were shooked to see a pale Rehmaat standing beside Rajveer and Anmol three days ago, her eyes were dull and her face doesn't had the smile for which her daughter was famous.

For a second she thought, it was not her daughter and she was right too. Before going to Jaipur Her daughter was a hopping Bunny who could never stay at one but the girl who came back was nothing like her Rehmaat.

That girl was too silent, silent enough too make the house feel suffocated. And on top of that she was not even eating anything. That's why Harpreet made Maggi for her with a hope that maybe, just maybe she'll eat it with enthusiasm.

She quickly served it and went to Rehmaat's room where her Father-in-law and husband were already present.

Her husband was furious when Khan Sahab described how they rescued Rehmaat, it was her father-in-law who calmed him down.

And since than both the overprotective males hadn't left Rehmaat even for a minute. Even Anmol, Rajbeer and Khan Sahab kept visiting from time to time.

While keeping her thoughts aside, she put on a huge smile and said with her usual tone.

"Rehmuu, See I have brought Maggi for you. We are going to have a Maggi party today. And guess what, you will have the biggest portion I won't give your father saab much." She tried to cheer her up, as her daughter and her husband were like competitors, they were more like siblings than father daughter.

"That's cheating sardarniji. You love your daughter more." Her husband faked an Angry expression, to which all of them were expecting an 'yes she loves me more' from thier blessing, but instead all they got was

"Give all of it to father saab. I am not hungry." From Rehmaat in a small voice.

Harpreet couldn't control her self, her eyes were filled with unshed tears, she cursed those damned people from her heart for doing this to her daughter.