8. Nightmares and Comfort

Start from the beginning

"Don't talk. Just relax for a couple of minutes." He says as he leans back against the couch, his arms still wrapped around me.

After another couple of minutes, I slowly sat up. I wiped the tears off of my face and started to get up, when Greyson pulled me back down.

I couldn't even look at him right now, I was too embarrassed. I literally just sobbed in his arms because of a nightmare.

"Evelyn." He said in a warm tone.

I kept my face towards the TV screen, suddenly finding a comercial about bug spray very interesting.

"Evelyn." This time his voice was more serious. "Look at me."

I wanted to, but I couldn't.

I felt a hand on my chin as turned my face towards him, "I said, look at me." His tone was serious, but his eyes were telling another story.

"What happened?" He asked, never breaking eye contact.

I tried to say something, but my mouth couldn't form any words.

"Evelyn, if you're gonna live here, and we're gonna have this baby together, you need to be able to talk to me. You don't have to tell me everything if you don't want to, but this needs to be talked about at some point." He says, his thumb moving across my cheek.

I took a deep breath before slowly nodding my head. He reached over and turned on the lamp, his hand leaving my jaw in the process, making me wanting nothing more than to reach out and put it back.

Evelyn, stop.

I swallowed slowly, thinking where to start when he lightly grabbed my hand. "Take you're time, babe." He said trying to cheer me up a little, referencing the night we first met.

"It was about four months ago. I was dating this guy named Austin. He wasn't good for me at all, but I was too blind, thinking I was in love, to see it. Chris never liked him, which was well deserved."

"We dated for about six months, at first he was sweet, everything you'd want in a boyfriend. Then, as time passed the real Austin began to show. It took me a while to realize it, but eventually Sophia knocked some god damn sense into me and I saw who he really was."

"It wasn't until he cheated on me that I finally was done making up excuses, I think part of me always knew, deep down, but when you have a guy who you think your madly in love with, constantly telling you no one else would love you, you start to believe it yourself." I said as Greyson's grip on my hand slightly tightens.

"After I found out he cheated I confronted him, of course he lied about it. And then I came home from work one day to catch him with the same girl in our bed. I told him I was done with his shit and started packing my things. He just got mad and started yelling, and then he grabbed my arm, and his grip just kept getting tighter, and tighter, I thought he was going to break my arm if I'm being honest."

"Is that how-"

"My implant broke? Yeah. Anyways I told him he was wrong, that I wasn't pathetic. He just laughed in my face and told me to go ahead and run to my parents or Chris, and I'd soon realize that no one cared about me but him."

"I think that's the only reason he let go of my arm, because he genuinely thinks that I'll come back."

"Did- did he?"

"He slapped me once, when he tried to act like I was hurting him, and I spoke up about it. But he didn't do anything else, when he backed away thinking I was gonna go "cry to my mommy and daddy" like he said, I kneed him where the sun doesn't shine, grabbed one of the bags I had packed and left the rest of my stuff there, not caring enough to get what was left." I finished telling him as he stared straight ahead of him.