Chapter 16

Please don't be a ghost reader

Taehyung didn't sleep that night. Not because he couldn't but he didn't want to. He wanted to feel the pain that Jungkook was feeling because of him.

So as usual he didn't take the medicines that forced him to sleep every night. He was awake, bare naked under the sheets with Jungkook.

Taehyung knew that Jungkook wasn't sleeping either, but he also knew that this wasn't the first time that Jungkook was acting like sleeping.

If not for that night, Taehyung wouldn't know what was happening.

1 Month Ago

Taehyung was sleeping beside Jungkook as usual after one of their dates. It was late at night when Taehyung's mouth went dry and he wanted to drink water.

Taehyung slowly opened his eyes, he didn't want to disturb Jungkook's sleep. But what Taehyung saw wasn't something he ever dreamt of.

Jungkook was laying there with tears in his big eyes. He was staring at the ceiling and sobbing silently. The eyes that could fill the whole galaxy inside it, weren't shining anymore.

Just like the new moon night, it was dark. Taehyung faced him and extended his hand to wipe the tears off of his lover's face.

Jungkook got startled by the sudden touch, "H-hyung why aren't you asleep? Do you need something?" Taehyung wiped away the tears, "Why aren't you sleeping?" He asked.

Jungkook gulped, "I was sleeping, just got up." He held Taehyung in his embrace and Taehyung dropped his head on Jungkook's chest.

But this wasn't the last time that it happened.

From that day onwards, Taehyung will wake up every night and will find a crying Jungkook, sometimes staring at the ceiling and sometimes staring at him.

This wasn't only at night.
A few days later Taehyung realised that Jungkook was not going to college anymore, so the professors called his home and Jungkook asked for medical leave.

He dropped out of his football team and stopped visiting his friends.

And whenever Taehyung would question him about this he simply said that he wants to spend the rest of their time together, he wants to be there with Taehyung as long as he remembers him.

Taehyung tried talking Jungkook out of it, but he wouldn't listen. He saw how bluntly Jungkook was doing the sacrifices, and he couldn't do anything about it.

Not even Jungkook's parents could stop him.

The most outgoing person packed himself within the four walls of Taehyung's room. The athlete stopped playing.

Hobi once told Taehyung that sleep is a very big factor in his health, without proper sleep Taehyung's treatment will not matter. But how can he sleep when he's causing havoc in the life of the man he loves the most?

Present time

Taehyung is laying on the bed with his eyes closed, while he knows Jungkook has his eyes wide open, sobbing silently. But not all sobs could be silent, there are a few whimpers that fall on Taehyung's ears.

Those whimpers are only concreting the decision he took a few moons ago.

Taehyung held Jungkook's hand with his eyes closed and put his face in the crook of his neck.

He knew that Jungkook would probably think that Taehyung is asleep and doing it out of habit, so he hugged him a little tightly. Maybe this is it, this is the last hug.

Taehyung was trying his hardest to control the flow of tears and when Jungkook kissed his forehead it became much more difficult. But he endured it all, for the man he is in love with.

Taehyung knew that Jungkook will sleep at around 3 and will wake up at 6. So, giving himself a margin, he left the bed at 4. Taehyung changed his clothes in the bathroom and he tiptoed around the cupboard, looking for a beg he prepared but he couldn't find it. "Fuck! I forgot where I put it." He murmured.

Seeing that he can't create noise, without waking Jungkook up, he left the room without his bag. Taehyung went towards his parents room, he cracked open the door a little, to peak inside.

Both of them were sleeping peacefully, Taehyung haven't seen them happy ever since he told them about the disease. They are always worried.

His mother will be overprotective and his father will put on a show that he's fine but when no one was looking, he looked horrified. "I'm sorry, I caused you a lot of trouble." Taehyung closed the door and finally went out of the house.

Jungkook woke up exactly at 6 with his alarm going on and on. The other side of the bed felt empty and cold.

He quickly got up and checked the bathroom but Taehyung wasn't there. He ran towards the living room, calling his name out but there was no response.

Jungkook was going crazy, yelling Taehyung's name out. Within a few seconds, Taehyung's parents came out of their room, their face may look that they were sleepy but their mind and body was running on andreline.

Taehyung's father grabbed Jungkook's collar, "WHERE IS HE? WHERE IS MY SON?" He spat.

Jungkook got himself out of his grip, tears visible in his eyes,"I will find him, I will find him at any cost sir."

___________________

[A/N] This part didn't have much dialogues, as they weren't interacting. It was Taehyung's pov and he was thinking to himself, so almost no dialogues. :]