Chapter 7

Jungkook woke up with a little sunshine on his face along with the chirping of birds and the sound of Taehyung's heart.
While they were sleeping he must've put his head on Taehyung's chest.
While Taehyung's arms were snaking around his waist.

Jungkook was looking at Taehyung as if he were the most precious thing in the world and for Jungkook, maybe he is.

Jungkook realized how Taehyung sleeps with his eyes slightly open. The long lashes with those honey-dripped eyes were beautiful on their own but the mole below his eyes made it perfect.

He was so consumed in his thoughts that he didn't realise Taehyung had woken up. When Taehyung tightened his grip on Jungkook's waist that's when he realised it. 

"Hi there." Taehyung's morning voice was way deeper than his regular voice. 

"Hi, Tae." Jungkook sneaked around a little towards the elder's neck. 

Their cute little activities stopped when they heard the key clicking and the door opening. 

"Taehyungie, where are you, baby? Are you awake?" Taehyung's father placed the key in its place and headed toward the washroom. 

As Jungkook and Taehyung were on the couch, the latter's father hadn't seen them yet. Jungkook and Taehyung started panicking. Beginning with Taehyung accidentally kicking Jungkook in the stomach that he fell off the couch.

But Jungkook had something else in his mind, "What if he remembers me?" He thought to himself and got up. 

"You need to hide Jungkook, he can't see you. He's very strict, just go to your home."

Taehyung pushed him towards the main door but they heard the flushing sound from the washroom and Jungkook knew he couldn't reach the main door on time. 

So Jungkook did his Jungkooking and ran towards the curtains, he hid behind them.

Meanwhile, Taehyung managed to throw the popcorn bowl and their glasses in the sink right on time before his father came out of the washroom. 

"Oh Taehyungie you're awake, that's good. A young boy like you should wake up early." His father came towards the living room. 

"Appa I.. just woke up." Taehyung trembled and looked at the curtain that covered  Jungkook with his peripheral vision. 

"Why is this duvet here? Did you sleep in the living room?" Taehyung's father adjusted himself on the couch. 

Taehyung immediately took the duvet from his hands and put it aside on the chair. He was sweating immensely but was trying to keep his calm. "I was watching a movie last night, so I just fell asleep here." 

Jungkook on the other hand was struggling, he didn't know what would happen if Taehyung's father found him.
He was well hidden right now but that man is the freaking deputy commissioner. All these thoughts going on in his mind that he didn't realise the itching sensation forming in his throat, 

And he sneezed.

"What is that noise?" Taehyung's father stood up and went towards Jungkook. Taehyung tried to stop him by saying that he must've misheard something but he didn't listen, he went near the window. Taehyung was panicking and started chewing his nails. 

The elder man lifted the curtain and Jungkook was standing right behind them, sweat visible on his forehead and breathing heavily. 

"I-I can explain Mr. Kim!" 

"THIEF." He gripped Jungkook's collar and dragged him away from the window. Taehyung tried to interfere, to let his father lose the grip but he glared at him and Taehyung stopped. 

"I've seen you before, you're that dick-rubbing guy and you're also a thief," his grip on Jungkook's collar tightened, "what did you think? That my son is alone in the house so you can steal from him?" His teeth gritted. 

Taehyung tried to come in between them, but he was shushed. 

"Taehyungie you're so innocent, you don't know these Seoul people at all, I'll bring him to the police station, you wait here." 

And with that, the eldest one dragged a sobbing Jungkook out of his house. 

Once he opened the main door, he halted. A woman was standing right in front of his house with rage in her eyes and a sandal in her hand. "Leave him or I'll kick your ass." She said. 

"Ma'am this is not some kind of joke, it's a serious criminal matter." Taehyung's father said, "My name is Kim Kyungnam, I'm the Deputy Commissioner of Police. Move aside and let me do my work." He stated in his harsh official tone. 

Jungkook's mother came forward and put her index finger on Kyungnam's forehead, "I don't give a damn if you're a deputy commissioner or a fat pig. You can't behave like that with my son."

She took Jungkook's hand and pulled him towards her gently, "Are you alright baby? Did he hurt you?" 

"No mom, I'm fine. Let's just go home." 

Kyungnam realised that they are his neighbours but his last encounter with Jungkook made him believe that he is not a good person, "I didn't know people like you can live in this high neighbourhood,"  he spitted. 

"I'll heat a pan and make you sit on top of it if you don't stop talking right now, it feels like earthworms are coming out of your mouth."

Jungkook's mother walked towards their home with him, "Ask your son why my son was in your home. And wash your face, you're looking like JYP oppa." She shut the door on his face. 

Kyungnam looked at his son, who was avoiding eye contact, not because of guilt but because he was giggling at how accurate Jungkook's mom was, his father was indeed looking like JYP."