Ch 567: How I "Die"?

Start from the beginning

"Mr. Hu," He spun his head to the prince, "Can you tell me more about the first Emperor."

He looked at Lin ye and then to the rest of the people in the room. Then he glanced at Leizi, who was also debating whether to tell them or not.

"I am willing to tell Your Highness about this. You were the one that found this and told both of us about this," Old Man Hu said as he looked at Lin Ye, "It just that..."

"Do you trust the people behind you?" Leizi said, "This very information might endanger their life and yours as well."

"Yes," Without even needing to think long, Lin Ye gave them his answer, "I trust them."

Lin Ye's group reaction to what he just said varies.

Warfarin rolled her eyes, although there was still a smile on her face.

Grani was speechless, she did not how to react to how trusted she was to him.

Skadi sighed tiredly.

And Nian? She leaned into his body when hearing this.

Leizi watched all of this. She seemed to be thinking hard about something. After a while, she nodded.

"... I see. If Your Highness is sure of it, who am I to question it," Leizi hummed, "I will follow whatever you say."

"... Thanks?" Lin Ye really did not know how to react to this. Having someone this loyal under him, Zhen must be something to make Leizi act like this.

"Think nothing of it," Leizi said proudly. Then she became more serious, "I will start when I was first assigned to be your bodyguard, Your Highness."

Lin Ye nodded and stayed quiet to let her tell everything that she knew.

"I first met you when you were forced to stay at the palace because you have no characteristics of a dragon's," She started to explain, "You were nothing that the emperor told me you were."

This intrigued him, "How so?"

"You were described as being emotionless and not caring about no one. You were far from being that." The way she was telling all of this, seemed like she was recalling treasured memories, "If we did not look at how you treated the princess, you never treated anyone badly without reasons. The first thing that you did when meeting me was to help me use Lei Fa. You were a master when using it and you knew every weakness that it had and used it to beat anyone using it."

"You did not treat me as a servant at all. Although you showed little emotion, you care for the people that were under you. You were a perfect description of what an emperor should be."

"You used lightning, not like a tool but a partner. Few people know about this because how you never showed it openly to others, not even to the royal family. Only a few people that you trusted knew about your ability! You were afraid that if you did that, more eyes would be on you. You even-!"

"Ahem! Little Leizi," Old Man Hu smiled as he called her name, "I think you should get to the point."

Leizi looked at Old Man Hu and then towards the prince. He was smiling at her, not bothered at her going on a tangent.

Realising what she was doing, Leizi's face instantly became red

"My apology," She stammered, "Is just that, when related to the prince, I can a bit..."

"No worries," Lin Ye chuckled at how bashful she was now, hard to believe she almost kill him just a few minutes ago, "Just tell me what you want me to know. Zhen must be something for you to act like this?"