{90}- Entrance Hidden in Dunes | Reminiscence Beneath the Sand

Recap and Setup Chapter ;) in case y'all forgot smth (thanks to Raiwan for suggesting this)

??? POV

Found him.

A voice sounded across the empty space.

It walked away from the window, stepped onto the cobblestones, and went down a spiral staircase.

Its steps were slow, but gradually became faster and more impatient.

Found him.

Foooouuuuunnnd himmmm.

And, as if it hadn't spoken in many years, let out a cracking murmur.

Except, no one who heard it would be mistaken, it sounded absolutely delighted.

Hehehhehehehe.....

***********************************************************************************************

Y/N POV

I dashed away as fast as I could when I saw more lights coming from the Watchtower, before activating Absolute Zero to put the time around me to a complete stop, halting any thermodynamical transfer of energy. When I turned back to the Watchtower, a single ray of light shot towards me and I prepared to wince in pain, but nothing came.

The bright burst of energy halted as soon as it entered the domain of Absolute Zero. Noticing this, I stepped forward to examine the single object, its Yang energy suddenly dissipating, which caused its true form to be exposed.

"A... needle?"

A needle coated in extremely concentrated Yang mana. That was what Hell's Snipe was.

Huh, guess that's a new discovery. Anyways, I don't want to freeze the entire desert over, so...

"E.M.M." Snapping my fingers, I activated the 'Absolute Defense Magic' that Subaru and Beatrice created. forming a barrier around where I travelled. I was able to move around since I activated the spell with my goggles as its activation point. E.M.M. only forbids the movement of the activation point, but somebody could move it around. The Hell's Snipes stopped taking effect against me, and I gave a slight smirk before suddenly I heard a cry from my right, and I saw one of Meili's Earth Sandworms, bisected by a Hell's Snipe, falling towards their carriage.

I was about to rush over until I noticed Capella punch the corpse away with her dragon fist, while Elsa shielded Meili. Seems like that their 'family bonding' is going quite well, so let's check on everyone else.

Since Capella and Elsa deployed themselves to the carriage with Anastasia and Emilia were, I shifted my focus to the capsule, which was doing fine by itself, flying in the sky. Sphinx just fended off a Hell's Snipe using a Yin Spell that diverted the trajectory of the needle, barely saving them.

This time, when I flew over to a place nearby the Sand Time Barrier, I saw Subaru and Beatrice atop Patrasche, riding towards the rendezvous point we agreed on. Within 2 minutes, we all managed to protect our respective group, and Subaru decided to unleash his second original spell.

"E.M.T.!"

A giant barrier took effect, and every single influence of magic disappeared. I can still feel my spirits and Witch Factors, but any trace of mana was gone. That included another Hell's Snipe that came straight at us, but when it passed through the barrier, it lost all momentum and dropped onto the ground just like what it had been before it was shot.

"Huh, so it's a needle." Julius commented as he got off the carriage to examine it, and Subaru did as well. I walked over to show them the other needle I managed to collect, but it's slightly frozen due to the effects of absolute zero.