{49}- Siege on the City Hall | Vollachian War God

After a few hours on the discussion on our plan to retake the City Hall, I sat on the roof of a building, gazing into the quiet yet chaotic Water Gate City of Priestella.

We'll leave in about half an hour, since we don't have much time. If we don't fulfill the Witch Cult's demands, they'll flood the city.

Kiritaka, the guy who owned the Muse Company visited earlier. Upon hearing the Witch's bones, he stiffened and explained that if the bones were moved, the city would collapse and Priestella would drown even without the water gates opening.

Also, I've figured something out.

The Witch Cult does not, and definitely does not have the power to drown the City of Priestella. It was an empty threat.

Considering that Roy and Capella are in the City Hall, Regulus in his mansion, Sirius and Lye roaming the streets, nobody was there to guard and open the gates if they wanted to. I went around the walls and checked, and there wasn't a single cultist in the tower. The only ones I found were two standing in the city, and I disposed of them quickly. So technically, the only heavily armed place is the City Hall.

With that in mind, I assigned Elsa, Meili, Colette, Palmyra, and Yae to take care of any evacuation procedures while also defending the water gates just in case anyone attacks. Omega and Sphinx would go around the city to stop any corpse soldiers by releasing the soul in their bodies. Sphinx had some knowledge on the spell Immortal King's Sacrement, and now coupled with Omega's knowledge, they should be able to pull it off.

I'm accompanying Subaru and the others to the City Hall. There are two simple reasons for that.

First, to allow others to realize the danger of Kurgan, the Eight-Arms Hero of Vollachia. The second... is to defeat the Sin Archbishop of Lust.

Capella would cause immense damage to both Subaru and Crusch in the real timeline, including infecting Crusch with a deadly disease that even Felix can't heal. Avoiding that would place the entire Crusch Camp in my debt, further strengthening my relations with a camp.

To be honest, if there was one camp that was not interested in me, that would be Priscilla's.

Then again, Arc 7 is deliberately set for them, so I don't need to rush. For now, I just need to focus on my current goal.

I jumped back down into the Muse Company, and watched my comrades gather as I saw Crusch tying her hair up in a bun. "Crusch, you're going too?"

"Y/N-dono, you needn't worry." Wilhelm said suddenly. "Although Crusch-sama has lost her memories, it seems her skill with the sword is still intact. I have verified that myself."

"And you, Subaru?" I turned towards Subaru, who limped slightly on his leg. Although the damage was repaired by myself, the pain still existed.

"I'm fine, Y/N, and thanks. Without you, Beatrice and I would be so crippled right now."

That's exactly what my purpose in this world is, Subaru. I wanted to say that, but it's better off for them to not know about it now.

We set out towards the city hall, where the two undead warriors await.

**********************************************************************************************

"Bleah..." I looked at the piles of pink flesh in disgust and shock, turning my head away from them to not look at the monstrosities. I know they're supposed to be humans or something, but it's just too...

When we arrived at the City Hall, piles of flesh were left in the yard, scattered around as if leftover food from a beast's dinner.

It seems to be the work of Capella. I do remember her intentionally making people like this. However, it seems that the only Authority I have problem countering is Capella's.