{88}- Sand Time | Maze of Nature

Y/N POV

"Hm? Is something wrong, Omega?"

We retreated back to my capsule since the wind started to pick up, and the desert sand isn't really something we would like in our eyes. During this time, however, Omega seemed to be troubled.

"Nothing, really. But the mana signatures are picking up for some reasons. I thought it was just the sandstorms, but now I feel like it's not natural."

"Y/N!" Sphinx came down from the cockpit on top of our capsule, and reported an eccentric observation. "There's a really, really large mabeast horde coming our way, and they look pretty angry to me..."

"I'll go out and see what how Meili can help. You guys go to the stations just in case something bad happens."

With a nod from my battalion, I propelled myself out of the capsule using Zarestia's wind magic. Landing at the front of the carriage, I saw Meili with her arms crossed as she gave me a pouting face.

"Took you so long to get here, huh, Y/N onii-san. Was Sphinx or Capella holding you up?"

"No, no!! I was just talking with Subaru and the others. Anyways, there's a large mabeast horde heading our way, and we need your help." I said as I pointed to the place in the distance, where the dust cloud was growing by the minute.

"Oh, that? That's my horde, onii-san."

"Your... horde?" I muttered as the pieces suddenly clicked. Wait... oh. I'm so stupid. The horde that delivered us to Priestella's vicinities back then! I thought Meili... no way, she has been keeping them under her control this whole time? Or is it some sort of link that they can establish after Meili's Divine Protection does its work?

"So... no congrats from you, really?" Meili gave me another huff before I embraced her in a hug.

"Of course not, Meili. You've grown so much! I'll buy something for you once we get back to Lugnica, okay? How about a plushie doll- "

"Shush. SHUSH. Onii-san, if you speak of that again, I'll set the horde on you." Meili said with a wicked smile before placing herself on my lap.

"Heh... anyways, to the Watchtower we go!"

***********************************************************************************************

Welp, so much for that promised smooth journey.

The first night came and although our first obstacles, the mabeasts, are conquered, it did not help in the slightest when night fell. Dusk signalled the start of a new phenomenon known as Sand Time, and the winds picked up. Emilia helped erect an ice wall to keep the sand out, and Sphinx and Omega helped to form a dome of sorts while Zarestia's barrier spell kept the violent winds out.

We're relatively safe, but I'm not exactly happy with our progress. Don't get me wrong, everyone tried their best, and it's honestly not bad, but I feel like we could've done better.

While we waited out the night, I finally began working out the basics of the power I developed at the Water Gate City, Priestella. During my battle with Capella, the ninth power of the Authority of Deceit burst forth to aid me, but I haven't been able to recall it until now and tinker with the power itself.

Today I made sure that the seal was removed by all means.

Stepping into the bluish portal, I entered a realm that resembled Frakinedottir's void plane. Interestingly, there was nothing here, but as I walked along the edges of the space, I eventually found out it was around the size of a mansion. I guess I could fit a mansion in here?