{8}- Search | Oni

Hey guys! From this chapter onwards I will add music I feel fitting for the chapter's theme! For this particular soundtrack, I recommend 1.25x speed! All right, let's dive in!

I woke up once again to the bright sunshine of this world, and stretched as I groggily got up from my bed. "Alchemis... are you up?" I asked my spirit as I sat up, only to feel a warm creature sitting on my stomach. As I squinted to get a better look, a pretty face with a smirk bumped into my face, and laughed as she introduced herself.

"Good Morning! How are you today, Y/N?"

"Uh... who are you?"

"You can't tell just because I turned into my corporeal form? Such a shame..." The female fairy said as she brandished her wings and did a little imitation of Jiwald, and the pieces suddenly clicked.

"Cahya?" I said the name of my yang spirit, and the fairy bounced up and down as she nodded in excitement before rubbing herself on me again. Why does she always do that? Is it because she constantly needs warmth due to being a yang spirit?

"Wait, does this mean Alchemis is also going to show up as-"

"No, unfortunately." My partner floated into sight, still in the shape of a turquoise orb. "Unlike Cahya, I'm not a Great Spirit yet, so sadly, I do not possess a corporeal form, yet.

"Oh yeah, since Puck currently occupies that spot... wait... I thought there were only four great spirits!" I said as I looked at my fairy buddy, who smiled again and explained.

"Well, my friend and I decided to push our limits a bit, and after a few hundred years, we ascended." Cahya explained, and I'm pretty willing to bet that her 'friend' is the Great Spirit of Yin. 

"How am I supposed to explain you to Subaru?"

"Well, the 'loli' girl who has braids would understand, so just make your appearance when they're in a conversation."

"That's not going to be that easy, you know." I sighed as I headed out, and greeted Subaru before we entertained the kids a bit, and he left to do some business. Only then did I realize that Rem was missing.

Timeskippu*

Back to Cahya's statement. It really was that easy. 

I found Subaru and Beatrice under a bridge, talking about Subaru's curse. I went near them and began to listen, and it seemed quite serious.

"I really can't save you on this." Beatrice told Subaru. "The curse is to complex even for me. Sorry, but I can't undo it."

"Is there really no other way?" Subaru asked, and Beatrice sighed. "Defeating the entire mabeast group might save you, if you don't run out of time first."

"Yup, and I'm here to assure that doesn't happen." I stepped out, Cahya and Alchemis on either side of me. "It's time we go to end this."

"Y/N! Bro!" Subaru came up and gave me a bro hug, before realizing Cahya's existence. "Wait... who is this cute girl?"

"I'm Cahya, Y/N contracted spirit and the current Great Spirit of Yang! Nice to meet you!" Cahya introduced herself happily before Subaru turned to me. 

"Hey, do spirits and humans-"

"Subaru, come on, we can talk about that later. Besides, where's Rem?"

""You're right... where's Rem?"

Subaru went up and grabbed Beatrice's shoulder, shaking with fear. "Beako... Beatrice... where's Rem?"

"What would you do in her situation, I suppose?" Beatrrice replied, unfazed by Subaru's urgent manner.

"I cannot ignore what you just said, Beatrice-sama." Ram's voice sounded from above as she continued. "Rem didn't go into the forest along, did she?"