CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED SEVENTY-SEVEN: Re-Destro II

NOTES: First scene's a flashback of Izuku's first night home after Nighteye, before anyone gets confused. :p

---

Eyelids suddenly shot open at the sound of pained screams from somewhere in the house, revealing blood red irises.

The owner of the blood red eyes immediately shot up from his bed and wasted no time running out of his room and running to the room where he could still hear cries and screams.

On the way, he ran past the head servant of the home who must've rushed to get him following the beginning of the screams, but it wasn't really needed. He would've ran to Izuku's room immediately regardless.

He saw a few of the servants grouping at the door of Izuku's room, no doubt standing by in case they were to be called inside, but as soon as they realized who was coming near, they immediately gave way.

The owner of the blood red eyes opened the door to the greenet's room, and when he was greeted by the scene in that room, it was like he was hit simultaneously by a wash of relief and barrage of attacks.

He was no longer hearing any pained screams or loud cries of distress, instead, there were only quiet whimpers and sobs from the room.

The owner of the blood red eyes let out a relieved yet still worried breath.

Hisashi's chest tightened as he saw his eldest son cradling Izuku, holding his younger brother close to him in a tight embrace and gently caressing the latter's green hair.

Izuku seemed to be calming down just from Tenko holding him, and he was relieved.

But despite that, Hisashi was still worried for his youngest son. He knows how scared Izuku still was, how hurt he still is.

He wanted to scoop up his son and squeeze him and keep him close to him. He wanted to hold his two sons close to him.

But as much as he wanted to, Hisashi knew that it would be better if he kept a distance instead.

Hisashi took a deep breath, then he did his best to compose himself, and quietly, he closed the door to his son's room before turning to the servants standing a few feet beside him and ordering them to grab a glass of water-- or make that two, for his sons.

As he watched two servants leave, he couldn't help but think of the pained look on his youngest son's freckled face he saw once, and he just found himself looking back at the door of his son's room.

A conflicted expression made its way to Hisashi's blood red eyes, but he could only just close his eyes and furrow his brows at himself as he mumbled something under his breath.

~~~

Tenko stood by himself in the ragged and abandoned apartment.

The place looked like it had been abandoned for at least five years. There were some rotted broken off pieces of furniture in some corners of the floor, the curtains and cushion covers that were left had some visible tatters on them, and most of them, anyone can guess, weren't really the color they are now.

No one knows that Tenko had gone to that apartment other than Kurogiri himself, though he didn't doubt that his father also knew he was there.

Tenko had gone to that location to see with his own eyes the huge game piece that damned Rikiya had used to trick him and capture Jin.

Although his gait as he walked around the abandoned apartment spoke of composure, and the chill breeze of night inspired the idea of a peaceful image, the horrifying truth of the scene was far from that.