CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED THIRTY-FOUR: Responsible

NOTES: Due to popular demand, here is a peek at what happened after the end of the final chapter of the first book.

Don't thank me.

---

Izuku slowly opened his eyes. They needed some time to adjust to the brightness but after they did, he was slightly surprised to find himself not at the same hospital room that he was in earlier.

He looked around and immediately discerned that he was probably in one of the VIP rooms of the same hospital.

Izuku sat up, not noticing immediately the person who was slouched over the edge of the huge bed and sleeping.

The sleeping person noticed the slight movement of the bed, however, and once he realized what that meant, he immediately jolted up, "Izuku--"

But he was taken aback when his little brother immediately jumped in and hugged him, having already noticed him the moment he jolted up.

It took Tenko a moment to register what was happening, but once he did, he accepted Izuku's hug and he began rubbing his back to soothe him.

"I'm sorry I'm late, Izuku. I'm sorry I didn't come home sooner." Tenko apologized, and that was when he heard his little brother break down and begin to cry.

"It's okay now, Izuku. I'm home now."

---

Tenko could faintly hear the sound of a phone ringing, but the sound slowly became louder and louder the more and more he was waking up.

Tenko frowned and reluctantly, he opened his eyes and grabbed the ringing phone from where he remembered he placed it.

I thought I turned you off last night. Tenko said in his mind with annoyance when he saw the phone ringing was actually his work phone and that it was Kurogiri who was calling him.

It was only 3am and he's going to be at Izuku's school festival in just a few hours. That's why he went back home the night before, to avoid any distractions, and yet here's one.

Tenko was about to reject the call, but that was when the call itself timed out.

He rolled his eyes and was about to turn off the phone and get back to sleep when it received a message from Kurogiri himself.

"Tomura, please, if you see this message, call back. It's an emergency."

Tenko let out a long and annoyed sigh, then he called the Nomu back. Almost immediately, he answered, but before Kurogiri could say a word, Tenko began reprimanding him. "Kurogiri, I told you not to call me at any time today, for any reason! Why in the world are you calling?!"

"I'm sorry, Tomura, but Dabi had just called me. He said he had some personal business he had to attend to. He can't do the job you assigned to him. I can't contact any other league members that can take over Dabi's role." Kurogiri explained.

Tenko went silent, and he stayed silent for some time.

"T-Tomura? S-shall I abort this mission?" Kurogiri nervously asked.

Tenko took a deep breath then he let out a sigh. His eyes became cold.

"No. Open a gate for me. I'm going instead. This mission is way too important to abort." Tenko told Kurogiri before turning off the call.

It was stupid of me to give this mission to someone else. Tenko thought as he got off his bed and he headed towards his closet to grab a change of clothes.

This was originally my mission anyway. I just gave it to Dabi after I planned to go to Izuku's school festival.

A black portal formed inside his room exactly as Tenko finished changing clothes, then he he began walking towards it.

I'll just have to finish this job in time and catch up to Izuku's performance.

-

Due to a misunderstanding and confusion during communications, Eri and Adohira ended up arriving a little early, 30 minutes early, in fact. The school festival starts at 8:30am, yet there they were, at 8am.

When the two of them arrived, however, Izuku was surprised to see that his brother wasn't with them like he was expecting.

"What?!" Izuku reacted negatively, "What do you mean Tenko had to deal with something at work?! Wasn't he already at home last night?!"

The greenet raising his voice almost immediately caught the attention of his classmates present at the gym who were all preparing.

"Calm down, Master Izuku. He had to deal with a local matter. He left a message saying that he promises he'll be here in time for your class' performance." Adohira told his master's youngest son.

"Tch." Izuku reacted in irritation.

Eri saw how disappointed, angry, and sad her brother was so she stepped up and grabbed her Izuku-nii's hand.

Izuku looked down at his sister who was looking up at him with her huge round eyes.

"Tenko-nii will be here, Izuku-nii. He promised. Let's wait." Eri told her brother. Izuku's face softened then he apologized.

"I-I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Eri. I'm sorry, Adohira-san. I'm sorry I raised my voice." Izuku said as he managed to calm himself down.

"H-hey, Izuku..." A nervous Denki then walked up to the greenet. Izuku looked over to him, a little confused.

"H-hey, if you can't or don't want to, I can just go buy the rope the stage and effects team for you, i-if you want." Denki told him.

Izuku didn't realize immediately why his classmate was offering this, but when he did, he immediately rejected Denki's offer, "W-what? N-no. No. I can do it myself. You don't need to do it for me."

"Please, I'm fine. I'm sorry I behaved like that. I'm really fine now. I'll do it myself." Izuku became embarrassed over his earlier actions.

Upon hearing this, however, Adohira took the opportunity, "Master Izuku, you're supposed to buy rope for your performance?"

Izuku looked over at the chauffeur and answered, "Y-yes. We didn't realize it till last night but the rope we had was too used and might snap anytime soon so we planned on buying a new one today in the hardware store nearby, but it doesn't open till 8:30am."

Adohira hummed, "The hardware store? The one beside the small cafe?"

"S-small cafe? There's a small cafe there?" Izuku asked, confused.

"Yes. The small house beside the hardware store is actually a cafe." Adohira answered, then he volunteered with a smile, "Master Izuku, please let me buy the rope instead, since I already know where it is located. Just stay here and help your class with preparations."

"O-okay." Izuku told the chauffeur.

"Well then, I'll be off. I'll be back with your rope, Master Izuku." Adohira said then he set off.

---

NOTES: Oh dear... I'm gonna have to write a fight scene next chapter.

Also, who else thinks that Eri and Adohira arriving wasn't a coincidence? 😂

Sneaky, sneaky Hisashi-tan.

Now stop bullying him.