CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED FORTY-NINE: Good Night

Izuku scrunched his eyes and brows in slight annoyance as he felt the slight shift in this bed.

He could tell that there were lights on in his room and he got even more annoyed, thinking one of their servants went into his room and ended up awaking him in the middle of the night. He was already not in the best of moods and now this person, whoever they are, woke him up in the middle of the night.

He sniffled angrily as he open his eyes, ready to tear the other person in his room another one, but the moment he opened his eyes, he was surprised to see his brother looking straight at him with a huge smile in his face while a flashlight lit his face from below, making him look scary.

"Boo!" Tenko said loudly and suddenly, making Izuku yelp and jump back in fright and panic.

But Tenko and Izuku both miscalculated, and Izuku ended up jumping back too far and didn't have enough space to get a footing on his bed.

Izuku immediately started panicking in his head as he thought he was about to fall off his bed and hit his head on the ground, but Tenko reacted quickly enough and grabbed his little brother's shoulders and immediately pulled Izuku towards him and into a tight hug.

Tenko was still a little shaken about his mistake that the only thing he could do was just hug his little brother tighter.

"I'm sorry, Izuku. I'm sorry." Tenko kept apologizing as he hugged his little brother tight. Tenko then pulled away for a second and began to check his little brother for any injuries, "Izuku, are you okay? Did you get hurt? Did you hit yourself on anything?"

Tenko felt so guilty for almost getting his brother hurt that he rechecked and rechecked Izuku for any bruises. He even discreetly checked if the bandages on his fingers were loose somehow and he managed to touch Izuku with his bare fingers, but thankfully it wasn't the case.

This whole time, Izuku was still in the shock of almost falling off his bed, but once he managed to snap back to reality, he angrily looked at his brother and frowned as he furiously pushed his brother's hands away from him.

Izuku frowned and scrunched his nose in annoyance as he crossed his arms and averted gazes with his brother.

Tenko was shocked and wide-eyed with what his little brother did, but as he looked at his brother, trying to figure out what he did wrong, he finally noticed them.

The room was relatively dark when he came in and he was too focused on surprising his little brother with his return that he didn't notice them right away, but now, he sees them. The tear stains on Izuku's face.

Tenko had to leave their home early that day, before Izuku even woke up, and now, he only just came home hours after Izuku had gone to sleep.

It was the first time that Tenko had to be gone the whole day, and he didn't get to tell his little brother beforehand.

No, even if he did tell, a whole day without Tenko in their home with him probably would've still been a struggle for his 4-year old little brother. It was still the first time that his big brother wasn't home the whole time.

"Izuku, I'm sorry I wasn't home the whole day." Tenko apologized in a soft and low voice, then he reached out his hand to try and wipe the tear stains off from his little brother's face, "I'm gonna try to make it up to--"

But Tenko was suddenly cut off when Izuku angrily flicked away his brother's hand and he was taken aback.

"Why don't you just stay away the whole time and just never tell me again? I'll be fine here alone anyways." Izuku told his big brother while still averting gazes.

Tenko didn't know how to respond but he could clearly see that Izuku's eyes were starting to water.

"Izuku," Tenko said in a pleading tone as he tried to reach his hand out and wipe off the forming tears from his brother's face, but once again, Izuku just flicked his hand away.

"I already told you, didn't I?! Just leave! Go to your own room! I don't wanna see you!" Izuku blew up at his brother as his eyes continued to water.

"Just go to your own room and sleep! I just wanna sleep by myself." Izuku told his brother.

Tenko just looked at his little brother. He felt sorry that he made his little brother feel alone and angry at him. He really wanted to make it up to his little brother but he didn't know how.

Then he had an idea.

"Okay then." Tenko said as he shrugged, "I'll go to my room."

"Good--" Izuku tried to say but then he was cut off by Tenko.

"I hereby deem this room my room for the night!" Tenko proclaimed before letting himself lie side down on his little brother's bed with a slight smile on his face.

"Wha- No! Tenko, this is my room! Go to your own room and go sleep there!" Izuku protested to his brother.

But his protests were only met by a slight smirk from his brother, and his brother closing his eyes and going to sleep.

"T-Tenko! This is my room! This is my bed! You can't sleep here!" Izuku continued to protest, but Tenko didn't respond.

"Tenkoooo!" Izuku yelled as he jumped up and down on his bed to wake his brother up, but it wasn't working.

Izuku furrowed his brows and pouted in annoyance with what his brother just did, and he couldn't help but tear up even more again.

He sniffled as he frowned at his sleeping brother. He was annoyed that his brother would pull something like this after he left him alone the whole day without telling him. He was mad at his brother for doing something so selfish.

Izuku sniffled again as his tears finally shed.

Izuku just looked at his peacefully sleeping brother angrily as he cried quietly. Then finally, he began wiping off his tears with his hands. He was sniffling at the same time.

Izuku then grabbed his blanket and began to pull it over him and Tenko. Izuku lied on his side as well, close to his brother, then after he managed to make sure that their blanket was covering the both of them, Izuku scooched closer to his brother and hugged him.

Izuku sniffled again as he buried his face closer to his brother's chest, then he quietly said "Oyasumi." To his brother.

Izuku closed his eyes then he went to sleep.

Tenko opened his eyes and saw his little brother snugged up and sleeping peacefully next to him. He smiled warmly before closing his eyes and going to sleep, for real this time.

~~~

NOTES: That moment when the filler scene ended up consuming a whole chapter. 😅😅😅

We're gonna get back with present Izuku the next chapter. (;'༎ຶٹ༎ຶ')b I apologize for the wait.