CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED SEVENTY: Tomura III

A portal of black mist appeared at the lounge of the League of Villains' hideout, and out came the members just coming from a recently finished mission.

"Welcome back, everyone." Kurogiri, the only one left behind at the hotel hideout, greeted the members, who also greeted him back with varying levels of enthusiasm and casualness.

"The chefs have already prepared your meals and are awaiting for all of you at the restaurant." Kurogiri informed all of them before looking over to Tenko to refer to him directly, "Just like you had instructed."

"And my food?" Tenko asked the Nomu.

"Will be brought to your room shortly." Kurogiri answered.

Upon hearing that Tenko wouldn't be joining them at the restaurant however, a few of the members immediately reacted.

"Hm? You won't be joining us? Why?" Atsuhiro (Mr. Compress) asked.

"This is a victory-- your victory, Shigaraki! You should eat and celebrate with us!" Kenji (Magne) cheerfully exclaimed and urged her leader, but it didn't seem like their league's leader could be convinced.

"I have a few other tasks and some preparations I need to tend to today. I'm sorry. Maybe another time." Tenko briefly answered before turning towards the doors leading to the hallway and heading to leave.

"But please, go ahead and enjoy the rest of the day." Tenko said in a neutral tone before opening the doors and heading into the hallway.

As Tenko walked away however, unknown to his knowledge, a certain member of his league kept his gaze on him as that member remembered how Tomura used to act before.

How much more open to them and cheerful Tomura used to be.

"He really is different." Jin (Twice) noted in a whisper as the doors finally closed behind Tenko.

Even though Jin had made sure to say what he said in a whisper, the other members of the league still heard what he said and they all looked at him with confusion.

"'Different'? Who's different? Tomura?" Atsuhiro (Mr. Compress) asked Jin before turning his gaze towards the doors that Tenko left through.

"Oh yeah~" Himiko interjected, "You also said something similar earlier, didn't you, Jintan? What did you mean by that?"

"Toga-chan, I made a clone of Tomura earlier, right? Well, that clone is actually from when I measured him when I first became a member of the league-- no, I think it was a little after that, maybe nearing three months ago now. And there's a huge difference between him and Tomura now." Jin explained.

"The clone seems to smile a lot more even under his mask, and seems a lot more cheerful. Our Tomura right now though..." Jin's voice trailed off at the end, causing the members to ponder what he was trying to say.

"I dunno, he seems more gloomy and more distant towards us." Jin finished his previous sentence before adding, "Even though he still treats us as great as before and he's still as casual and friendly, I just feel like he's been putting some distance between us and him. He even seems... more cold."

"It's been like this ever since he came back from his two-week disappearance." Jin had observed.

The other members of the league had previously also noticed the sudden change in their leader's behavior over the past weeks but they all seemingly have just brushed it off and heeded it no mind, but looking back now, should they have put more attention to it?

"But couldn't this just be a result of stress? Maybe the workload has been slowly getting to him?" Kenji (Magne) speculated to which Dabi could only scoff.