CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED FORTY-ONE (Part 1): Quirkless

By the time Tenko had returned to UA's cafeteria, everyone at the table had already finished their lunch. As expected, Tenko's food was already cold, but he toughed it out and finished it anyway and not wasted a single grain of rice.

Afterwards, the Iidas and the Midoriyas parted ways.

The Midoriya group decided to walk around the UA campus and visit the variety of booths that were set up by the students. They played a few of the games at the game booths and tried out more of the food at the stands. They also joined the Support Department's studio exhibition, then paid a visit to Class 1-C's haunted house, before continuing to the second to the last event of the day, just before the announcement and coronation of the winner of the beauty pageant: the Obstacle Course event.

The Obstacle Course event of the Culture Festival had two categories, one for Guests, and one for Students. The Guest category of the event is looked forward upon by many every year, much like the Beauty Pageant, and participants were expected to sign their names up days prior to join.

As Midoriya siblings waited for the event to begin, Tenko excused himself to buy himself a drink. While he was away, however, Izuku managed to spot his friends and their families and he decided to join them. The people present were Tenya and Tensei, Ochaco and her parents, Tsuyu and her mother and siblings, and Shouto and his older brother, Natsuo.

Introductions were made among the now-larger group, and Tenko joined them not soon after. The friends had began to chat with each other, and their families also tried striking up conversations with each other in the group.

As the event drew near, Present Mic began calling for the names of the runners registered for both the Guest category and Student category, but the larger group just decided to put not much attention to it at the moment.

However, much to the students, the eldest, and the youngest Midoriya's surprise, Tenko's name was called under the Guest category.

Hearing his own name said loud and clear on the speakers made Tenko almost choke on his drink.

Those who knew Tenko before this day (Tenya, Tensei, Ochaco, Eri) were visibly confused that he would even try to enter the event, while Tenko himself had no idea how his name had ended up in the list of participants for the Guest category... that is, unless--

Before Tenko could even try and point his finger, his little brother-- Izuku began pushing him towards the direction of where the runners were expected to assemble, immediately confirming his older brother's suspicions.

"Izuku, you did this?! Why?!" Tenko asked his little brother, feeling betrayed.

"I told you, didn't I? It's your turn to be messed with! Now, get your ass over there!" Izuku said with a huge smile on his face as he chuckled and continued pushing his brother.

"Also," Izuku added with a more sincere look on his face, "It would be a fair win for you, won't it? Since everyone will be required to not use their Quirk for the event."

After hearing that reason, Tenko was able to understand his brother's action. He still groaned, yes, but he eventually went over to where the runners were supposed to assemble, with a lot of hesitance.

Izuku meanwhile was left to hold his older brother's drink to keep it safe while the latter was participating in the event (though he did sneak a sip every now and then).

The spectators watched as Cementoss created a parkour course using his Quirk, and soon after, the runners for the Guest category began lining up at the starting line.