CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED THIRTY-FIVE: ReCall

8:31 am, the UA Culture Festival had officially begun, and a certain gentleman criminal and his partner-in-crime had just finished their morning tea. It was time the two of them resumed their plan.

Danjuro (Gentle Criminal) and Manami (La Brava) were covered head to toe with their disguises, which hid their matching villain outfits underneath as they left the small lovely cafe.

Everything was going smoothly, almost no one was nearby to see them. No heroes were patrolling and no civilians either. If nothing goes wrong, the two of them should be able to infiltrate the UA Culture Festival just before 10am.

If nothing goes wrong.

"Danjuro Tobita and Manami Aiba, I presume?"

Danjuro and Manami froze upon hearing their names and their eyes went wide. They had just left the small cafe's lot and yet there was already something going wrong.

Danjuro and Manami looked over to whoever uttered their real names, and they were surprised to see a man with a light blue complexion wearing a black dress shirt and white vest, along with a chauffeur's hat. And... rope? Wrapped and secured around his left arm.

The man was wearing a very friendly smile on his face, but the fact that he knew who they were made Danjuro and Manami extremely cautious.

The disguised duo didn't respond, or rather, they couldn't think of a proper response, so the man then asked, "Oh, I apologize. Should I refer to you two as 'Gentle Criminal' and 'La Brava' instead? I know that a few villains much prefer their aliases be used instead, perhaps you two are part of that group?"

The duo still didn't respond.

"Well, whichever case you are, please heed my words because I will only say this once," Adohira told them, then in a slightly more serious tone, he added, "Abort your plans of infiltrating UA."

Danjuro finally snapped out of his shock, then he grinned as he told Manami, "My dear partner, I believe it is time to start the camera."

Manami quickly obliges, then in a show-y fashion, the two of them grabbed their diguises and threw them away, all while striking a pose that screamed eccentric.

Adohira heard a faint 'boing' and immediately took note of it, as his master had told him to.

"Dear viewers," Danjuro began, referring to the camera, "Let me give a little bit of context. Our latest scheme will be to infiltrate UA's Culture Festival, however it looks like we have a challenger before us... a chauffeur-themed hero, it would seem."

A scowl on Adohira's face appeared, "So you choose this path."

Adohira made his move and brought down a kick from above. Danjuro had sensed that the man was about to attack yet he didn't get away. He was either confident or arrogant.

Whichever it was, it paid off after Adohira's kick was caught by a near invisible barrier. The barrier merely bounced at the impact and made more of the 'boing' sound the chauffeur had heard earlier.

The chauffeur acted surprised, amusing Danjuro.

But then Danjuro noticed something that made him raise his guard, The barrier is bouncing already? Didn't he put any force into his kick?

Danjuro then saw the chauffeur's body shift to prepare for an attack.

"La Brava, watch out!" He exclaimed as he grabbed his partner and got themselves out of the way, exactly as the chauffeur released a wind blade which was able to cut through the aerial barrier and snip a tiny bit off of the tail of Danjuro's suit.