CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED SIXTY-SEVEN: Secret II

Tenko watched as his brother's call finally rang out before powering his phone off. He furrowed his brows as he let out a sigh.

I'm sorry, little brother. He apologized to Izuku in his mind.

After slipping his phone into the pocket of his jacket, Tenko walked over to the hand railings bordering the edges of the hotel's roof deck and leaned against them as he looked out at the surrounding commercial buildings.

The location of their hotel hideout wasn't somewhere that was buzzing with activity 24/7 like somewhere in a city, rather, the location was fairly peaceful and was even located near forests and mountains. As a result, it was easy to get a wisp of fresh air just by accessing the roof deck, which also had a swimming pool on it.

Tenko closed his eyes for a few seconds as he took in the cool evening breeze, letting himself forget any worries he has for a few moments.

His eyes snapped open however, as he felt a presence from behind him, hiding in the stairway just out of the line of sight of anyone at the roof.

Tenko turned around to face the stairway and very casually approached it.

The person trying to hide their presence from their leader didn't even realize that the person they were spying on had already left his previous location and was already looking down at them from the entryway of the stairway.

"Shuichi-kun, what are you doing?" Tenko casually asked all of a sudden exactly as he pushed the glass doors open, making the person just a few steps below him jump in surprise and almost have a heart attack at that moment.

"Sh-Shigaraki! You-- when did you get there? H-how did you get there?" Shuichi (Spinner) asked in a surprised tone as he looked up at his league's leader and continued to clasp his chest, but Tenko simply raised a brow at him.

"I just got here right now, and I walked." Tenko answered sarcastically as he proceeded to walk down the stairs to get near the member of his league, "Now answer my question, Iguchi. What were you doing? Why were you hiding?"

Shuichi's eyes went wide as he realized he was being interrogated and he immediately tried to think of an answer, but not before stuttering a lot, "Uh-uh, why I was-I was here-- I was-- I wasn't hiding, I was just, uh, um, I-I-- I was waiting for you to finish using the roof!"

"Yes, I was waiting, not hiding, because I saw you and I just thought you didn't want to be disturbed or distracted by anyone. So I stayed here and waited." Shuichi tried to explain, but Tenko didn't really buy what he just said.

Instead of letting the owner of the Gecko Quirk know however, Tenko just nodded as he gave the former a few pats on the shoulder while continuing his way down the stairs. Tenko even gave him an advice.

"Next time, please just go straight ahead."

Shuichi was just left frozen as he realized the slight chuckle in the way his leader said what he just said-- and the fact that Tomura placed all five of his fingers when he touched him.

Shuichi immediately turned around and alarmed, he called out, "Tomura--!"

But he was immediately cut off by a nonchalant answer as his leader waved his hand back at him without looking, "You're fine. You didn't do anything worthy of being killed, so there's nothing to worry about."

Shuichi managed to calm down after his leader assured him his safety, so he guessed that Tomura bought his lie and was just messing with him.

Shuichi just stood there and watched as his leader continued down the stairs.

But as he did, the thought suddenly came to him, and without even knowing it, he had called out to his leader again, "T-Tomura."

"You're fine." Tenko assured him again, but Shuichi had a different reason for trying to get his leader's attention.

"N-no. That's not it." Shuichi told him, causing Tenko to pause and look back at member of his league.

"Then what is it?" Tenko asked.

"I... I just wanna thank you." Shuichi told him, confusing Tenko but also managing to pique his interest.

"I managed to meet people like you, Kurogiri, Twice, big sis Magne, Toga, Sako-san-- heck, even Dabi, all because of the league." Shuichi explained, "I consider you guys as my family already, and there's nothing I wouldn't do to pay that debt back."

"I'm grateful to you and All for One for the league! You gave me a family I could care about, Tomura." Shuichi declared proudly, before his voice faltered at the next sentence he said.

"S-so if there's anything that you want to talk about-- y-you need to talk about, I'll be here to listen."

Shuichi's voice faltered as he offered to be someone who'll listen to Tomura, though it wasn't because of a lack of will. His willingness to be someone for Tomura was strong, actually. Rather, he was just nervous to say the offer aloud.

Tenko didn't say anything back to Shuichi after his offer. He just stood there and scanned the owner of the Gecko Quirk as he went through a couple thoughts in his mind.

There was a long awkward pause (for Shuichi at least) that made the pink-haired lizard become even more nervous, as he couldn't tell what his leader was thinking at the moment.

"Uh, Tomura?" Shuichi couldn't take the awkward atmosphere anymore and he broke the silence.

Tenko looked at the member of his league for one more second longer before he gave the lizard a truthfully warm smile that reached his eyes.

"It's also been a pleasure to have you serving under me, Shuichi-kun." Tenko brightly told the pink-haired lizard as he smiled, "I'll keep your offer in mind."

Shuichi tensed up at how his offer was actually being taken into consideration. Truth be told, he was expecting to be flat out declined by Tomura, but now that he was actually being accepted, he almost felt warm inside by the gesture.

Tenko couldn't help but be entertained by Shuichi's reaction and he almost chuckled, but he stopped himself. Instead, he just turned around and resumed his way back down the stairs, but not before stopping to warn Shuichi of something rather important.

"And Shuichi-kun, I suggest maybe putting a few more layers on before you go to the roof. It's a little chilly."

After that, Tenko left Shuichi alone.

It was only after Tenko had disappeared to the hallway at the bottom of the stairs that Shuichi realized that he'd only been wearing a single sweater when he said he was planning to go outside in a winter night.

Tomura definitely knew he was lying.

---

NOTES: Before Izuku's villain arc, my average word per chapter was usually around 1000-1100 words, but after all the 2000-3000+ word-chapters in the last arc, 1000 words just seem too short.

Yeh, I'm just trying to say sorry for the short update. ú_ù

I just couldn't squeeze in the next scene in the agenda here for pacing purposes.

I do hope you guys still enjoyed the update regardless though. ;9