Chapter 35: Last

DS4Unadorned #MAAAD #DaggerSeries

CHAPTER 35: LAST

MIREIA'S POV

I closed the file I'm holding. I was finally done reading it. Inilipat ko ang atensyon ko sa magandang tanawin na nasa harapan ko. From the balcony of my condominium, I could see what is considered the most visited monument in the world; the Eiffel tower.

The first time I went to Paris, it was like love at first sight. I always thought that it was just overly hyped, but it lives up to its reputation. It's like looking at a living art.

Axel and I went here a few months ago after our first wedding anniversary and Naynay's first death anniversary. Pinalipas lang namin ang Pasko at pagkatapos no'n ay dito na kami nagbagong taon. Axel enjoyed this city as much as I do, so it wasn't a surprise that he didn't decline when I asked him to go with me for the Paris Fashion Week.

I guess it's not exactly the city he enjoys so much, but more of the feeling of having a vacation where there's just the two of us. Kaya nga kahit ngayong September pa ang fashion week ay July pa lang nandito na kami. We visited Palais de la vie and my husband tried his best to convince Guillaume to buy my photograph from the gallery to no avail, we took a tour that ended up as a gastronomic adventure dahil imbis na mga tourist spot ang pinuntahan namin ay puro kainan ang binisita naming dalawa, he went shopping with me with a patience that I haven't seen in any man that I have met, and of course we did the other best thing in the City of Love... which is to make love. A lot.

I feel rested, and I am happy. That didn't change despite what I read.

Axel found my father. He's not just my father, because apparently, he's used to being called that by a lot of people. Izan Fonseca, my mother's one-night stand, was a priest. He didn't marry and have a family, and instead he committed his life to the church. Seven years ago, he died from a virus while doing missionary work in southern Guinea.

It was a bit disappointing not to meet him personally and to let him know that he has a daughter, but it wasn't that painful knowing that I wouldn't get that chance. It's enough to finally put a face on a person that has always been a mystery to me. It's enough that I get to know that he was a good person who spent his years at the service of the poor and was well-known for his dedication to teaching the youth.

Naagaw ng tunog mula sa cellphone ko ang atensyon ko. Kinuha ko iyon at napakunot ang noo ko nang makita ko na notification alert iyon tungkol kay Belaya.

Nanlaki ang mga mata ko at muntik akong napatayo sa kinauupuan ko nang makita ko ang laman ng balita. Bumuka ang mga labi ko para sana tawagin si Axel pero napatigil ako ng maalala ko na nasa gym nga pala siya.

"Ang galing talaga ng timing ng kuting na 'to," bulong ko sa sarili ko habang binabasa ko ang article.

She received the Best Actress award, and during her speech, she announced that she's having twins; a boy and a girl. It's not just a baby gender announcement, because apparently, she's literally having them at that moment.