Chapter 28: Enemy

DS4Unadorned #MAAAD #DaggerSeries

CHAPTER 28: ENEMY

MIREIA'S POV

Kuyom ang mga kamay na humugot ako ng malalim na hininga habang nakatingin sa malaking bahay na nasa harapan ko. It's bigger than the one they used to live in, but just like the other one, it screams of extravagance.

"Are you sure about this?" Nag-angat ako ng tingin kay Pierce na siyang kasama ko. "Axel can go with you if you want."

"No."

I met with my agent to cut back on my commitments and obligations for the time being. Everyone is on edge. There are a lot of things that are pointing in my direction, and Dagger does not like that. They're sensing an escalation, and they don't want to be sidetracked. Axel was needed somewhere else, so Pierce came with me.

Bumuntong-hininga ako. "Let's just get this over with. Gusto ko ng makauwi ng maaga."

Sabay na naglakad kami at hindi pa man nakararating sa pintuan ay bumukas na iyon at iniluwa no'n ang isang may edad na lalaki.

Cristobal Castañeda was a warm person, but now the man who greeted us warily is the opposite of that. Despite the small smile he gave us, I know for sure that it's not as genuine as before. He seems exhausted and like he has been worn out by age.

"I'm glad to see you again, Mireia," he said when we reached the living room of their grand mansion.

"I wish I can say the same."

The older man didn't look offended. He nodded in understanding. The last time we saw each other wasn't something we both want to relieve.

Iminuwestra niya ang malawak na sofa at sa kabila ng tensyon na bumabalot sa akin ay umupo ako roon. Pierce sat quietly beside me while he surveyed the room with his sharp eyes.

Mula sa kung saan ay lumabas ang isang babae na may dalang tray. She placed glasses of juice in front of us and a plate of sweets.

"You sent my agency an email," I said straightforwardly when the maid left.

"I did."

"To meet me."

Dumaan ang pag-alangan sa mukha niya. "Santana left to look for our daughter. Hindi niya gustong umuwi hanggang hindi nahahanap si Stephanie."

"So you decided that it's time to what? Talk to me? Just so you know, your wife also went to me."

Exhaustion could be seen all over him. "She's desperate. Katulad ko."

"Kaya ho kayo nakikipagkita sa akin? Gusto niyo rin malaman kung alam ko kung nasaan ang anak niyo? What makes you think that I do?"

Kinuha niya ang isang puti na sobre na nasa coffee table at ibinaba niya iyon sa harapan ko. Kinuha ko iyon at binuksan. My jaw went tight as I looked at the content of the letter.