Chapter 15: Dress not to Impress, but to stand out

Jasmine's P.O.V.

We walked to the dressing rooms where Kamila was pacing back and forth. "Max, are you almost done?" She asked. "Hold on bitch." He growled. She turned and shoved two dresses into our arms. Robin had a black dress and I got a yellow dress. We walked into our separate changing rooms to wear the dresses.

I walked out and Kamila growled. "No. Not right. It doesn't fit your color. Try this pink one." I took it and sighed. I heard Robin come out and looked. I made a face and Robin looked pissed. It was a puffy black dress that had the design for a five year old. Kamila made a face and pulled out a purple dress. "Try this." Robin took the dress and walked back into the dressing room. I also walked back into the room to try on the purple dress. I walked back into the dressing room to try it on. I walked back out and Kamila looked it over. "It's nice, but too revealing for you and it's not your color." I shrugged. She's not wrong. She looked carefully at the dresses she had and grabbed a turquoise one. She looked at me then picked another one.

"Let's try this one." She said, handing it to me. I took it but before I could go to the changing room, Robin walked out. Kamila looked at it and shook her head. She looked and picked out one dress. "Try this red one." She said. Robin glared at it, but took it into the changing room. I walked into my changing room and slipped on the dress. I looked at the mirror and stared. It was perfect. I heard a squeal and knew that Max had found the right tux. I walked out and was surprised to see both Robin and Max jumping up and down in excitement. "I thought you were crazy, but you're actually a fashion genius!" Max exclaimed.

I looked at their outfits and mentally agreed with them. Max was in a dark purple tux with sequin. He also had a rainbow tie and a huge smile on his face. Robin had a red dress that fit her skin tone and matched her fiery personality. She smiled at me and twirled. 

Max's tux

Max's tux

Robin's Dress

Robin's Dress

"Kamila is a freaking design genius." Max looked at my dress and shook his head. "That doesn't match your color." I looked down and sighed. "Here." Kamila handed me a gold dress and pushed me into the changing room. "Hurry up!" Max called. I sighed and put it on. I looked at this dress and checked it out in the mirror. It actually goes better with my skin tone. I walked out and heard squealing. "Yes yes absolutely!" "THat's your dress Jas!" "It's so you!" "Muy bonita!" I laughed and twirled. Robin was gushing over my dress and I tensed up.

 Robin was gushing over my dress and I tensed up

Jasmine's dress

Robin was gushing. She GUSHED! I touched her forehead. "Are you feeling sick? I asked. She laughed. "I'm actually really happy." She exclaimed. "Kamila, you're good at this." Max said. Then Chinenye walked over with some boxes. "Kamila texted me some shoes for you guys to try." We nodded. Robin and I got two boxes and Max got four. "Chinenye, I got you some dresses to try on as well. First this pink one." She handed Chinenye a puffy lavender dress with a rose design and was pushed into the changing room. We were trying on the shoes as Chinenye was changing and a thought entered my mind. "What about you, Kamila?" I asked as I tried on the black three inch heel. "No, Jas, try this one."

I took the shoes and put them on. Robin had red boots with her dress and Kamila nodded. "That pair for you Robin. It's perfect." She nodded and put the pair of boot heels back into their box. I put on another pair and Kamila observed it. "Alright! We got your shoes. Now we need to hunt down some for Max." We all heard a whoosh and Chinenye walked out. "No. Pink isn't completely your color. Try this purple one." Kamila handed her a purple dress and pushed Chinenye back into the dressing room.

When she walked out, we all squealed. "Oh my Moons! Chinenye you look HOT!" Max squealed. Kamila clapped her hands and jumped up and down. "This is the dress!" 

 "This is the dress!" 

Chinenye's dress

Then she pulled a thinking face. "Now we need to find you some shoes to go with this cute outfit." She said. "Everyone change. While you do, I'll go shoe shopping." We walked back into our changing rooms and changed into our regular clothes. We walked out with our formal clothes and saw that Kamila had put away the other formal clothes for us. "She might be with the shoes." Chinenye said.

We walked towards the shoes and went to the shoe section where she was looking at a gold pair of heels. "Chinenye, try these on." Kamila handed Chinenye the box with the gold heels and Chinenye put them on. "Oh! It's perfect!" Max exclaimed. She put the shoes back into the box and handed them to Chinenye. "Max, here's your shoes." He opened the box and squealed for the sixth time today. "They're perfect!" He said. We walked to check out and I froze. "Kamila, you don't have a dress yet." We all looked at her and she looked away. "I uh, don't want one." After that sentence we dragged her sorry ass back to the dresses to find one that fits her. "Kamila, what would you say is your color?" Max asked as he went through the different dresses. "I would say, um cerulean blue, dark or light purple, black, or midnight blue." She said, with a shrug. "Or silver but that's more for more formal events."

We went through the dresses with Kamila just standing awkwardly to the side. We would find this woman a dress if she likes it or not. Hehehe.

If I was Kamila, I would be scared. Terrified even. Good luck child. Shopping sucks. Don't worry, I'll send a picture of Kamila's dress.