(20)

=====

=====

Kageyama's POV

Shit..!

I only barely managed to avoid Mr. Policeman's sharp kick. It's hard to keep up with him. He's too quick. I never know where he's gonna be or what he'll do until the last second, and, even then, I can't read all his moves.

What's it been? Ten minutes since we started? I don't know. I can't find enough time to look at the clock on the wall without nearly losing my limb.

"You're not that bad," he panted with hot huffs of air. He was further away now as we tried to catch our breath and collect our bearings.

I was, anyway. He removed his jacket, then his shirt, and tossed them onto the floor near the wall and out of the way.

Fuck, that's a nice view...

"Need a break, newcomer?"

I shook my head and pulled the knife out of the sheath on my thigh. All my other knives were either stuck in the floor or the wall or were currently in the officer's hand.

He had a set of light blue daggers in his hand that was fucking lethal when equipt to this wielder. Officer Bouncy over there knows how to use those things far too well.

"You wish," I growled back, hoping to assert some sort of dominance in this situation.

His grin widened.

-----

In the next five minutes, I proceeded to have my ass handed to me on a silver platter. When I exited the room and the rush of cool air traced the sweat all over my body, I hardly even felt it.

My hair was a disaster, my clothes were soaked in sweat and a wrinkled mess, and minor cuts were drawing red lines on my arms, chest, stomach- pretty much everywhere.

I didn't care about any of it, not even the people gathered in the lobby, staring at me and questioning me.

Shouyou squished past, whistling a soft tune as he held his shirt and jacket over his shoulder with a curled finger.

He went to speak with Tsukishima and Yamaguchi on the couch.

"What a man..." I barely heard myself whisper.

"Hah?!"

Tanaka-Senpai blocked my vision of Shouyou.

"You better not be oogling him, kouhai! He's off-limits! No chance! You! got! No! Chance!"

Kuroo called out to Shouyou, who was currently trying to wake Bokuto up and get him to sleep in his bed instead of the lobby.

"Hey, Mr. Policeman! Me too! Let me train with you, too!"