(18)

=====

=====

Third-person POV

"98, 99, 100! And, you're done! Go get a drink, guys! Good job today!"

As everyone headed for the newly fixed water fountains, Shouyou stayed behind and began doing bench presses. Many would have found it attractive, seeing as Shouyou had to continuously pump his arms and breathe heavy and-

Ahem.

Still, he doesn't have a spotter, and Shouyou's usually very strict about safety measures in the gym. His eyes are distant, painted with gleaming anger, and his body, still littered with bandages and ointments, is still healing.

"I'll get Mr. Policeman. You guys go on back to the apartments," Sugawara waved everyone off so he could talk to Shouyou in private. The apartments were right above the gym, so it's not like they could leave the building fully.

When the only sound left in the room was Shouyou's rough panting, Sugawara took in a breath of air, polluted with the smell of sweat and feet, and headed toward Shoyo.

Silently, he placed himself behind the bar and brought his hands beneath it in the spotter's position. Shoyo didn't even glance at him.

"You've been working out with us all day, Officer," Sugawara finally spoke. Shouyou's eyes remained on the heavy bar above him.

"I have some steam to burn off. Go ahead and head to the shower rooms or wherever you need to go, Officer Yuichi's monitoring the halls, so, if you need directions, ask him."

"No, it's that."

Shouyou huffed and grumbled to himself about something Sugawara couldn't quite catch. He's assuming it has something to do with why Shouyou's so upset.

"Then, what is it?" Shouyou strenuously voiced with obvious irritation.

"What's gotten your panties in a knot?"

This was enough of a push to make Shouyou slam the bar down, sit up, and turn to Sugawara with a sneer.

"If you're trying to pick a fight, now's not the time!"

"Ah, I'm not!" Sugawara quickly defended. He moved to sit on the bench with Shouyou, who huffed once more and turned away.

"But... If you need to get something off your chest, I can give you an ear, or... I'm pretty good a sparring if that's of any interest?"

It took a moment for Shouyou to calm down. Sugawara watched his shoulders rise and fall, and the sound of an exhale left those peach-colored lips of his.

Shouyou turned to him, almost looking disappointed in himself for losing his cool like that. The reason he stayed behind, after all, was to work everything out of his system so he wouldn't cause any unnecessary drama.