(01)

=====

=====

third-person POV | Shouyou Hinata (23)

New apartment, new job, new city, new life. He lived in a small suburban town, hours away from where he is now, but, after a major breakup with his boyfriend, he decided to dedicate himself solely to his job as a server of justice and moved to the worst possible town anyone could move to.

Tokyo.

This place is run by the gangs and criminals littered everywhere. They've destroyed countless buildings just around where Shouyou's apartment was. He could see it all from the tenth floor, all their damage, all the people walking around and looking over their shoulders constantly.

He snatched his badge off his dresser and turned away from the unsightly scene. Today, his first day in such a large city, he was gonna assure everyone felt safe around him. Hopefully, he can make some people smile, just a little.

"Alright." As he opened the door, he adjusted his belt and whistled for his canine, who was eating a bone from last night's takeout on the couch. She dropped it and raced over so Shouyou could put her leash on.

Elise, Shouyou decided to call her that long ago as a puppy. Elise Hinata and Shouyou have been a fearsome duo since Shouyou first got her years and years ago.

"Let's go, girl!" He shut his apartment and locked it up before Elise raced down the hall, dragging him along. He laughed, he was excited. What are his coworkers gonna be like? He's wondered that all night.

The moment he enters that police station, he's sure they're gonna be all over the place, scrambling to crack cases and stop all the criminals they see.

He got on his motorcycle and moved his arm so Elise could jump up too. Then, they were off.

-----

 What..?

This wasn't what he expected upon his arrival. He expected hustling, the scent of justice in the air, not the scent of donuts and men's deodorant.

The officers were just sitting around eating and playing on their phones. In the breakroom, they even had an Xbox hooked up to the TV.

"What the fuck's going on here?!" Shouyou felt unjustified. They should be out there helping people, not messing around here.

A hand fell on his shoulder, he angrily turned to see the chief, an older guy with grayed hair and a cane to help him walk.

"Come to my office, Hinata-Kun."

He followed, rather unwillingly, but still so. The chair in front of the chief's desk was an uncomfortable, blue plastic.

"I'm glad you're angry, Hinata-Kun. That shows you have a good heart."