Chapter 21

Chapter Twenty-One

New York

Esme had been pacing her in the living room for hours and Klaus couldn't do anything to calm her down. She was panicking, more than she ever had before. And no matter, how much Klaus tried to reason with her she wouldn't calm down.

She was terrified that Damon or Stefan, would come and try to kill her. As well as, rambling on about how Elena would judge her and something about Caroline and Bonnie.

Klaus finally had enough. "Will you stop it!" he yelled, slamming his fist down into the table. He took a deep breath trying to calm himself down as well. "I won't let anyone hurt you" he swore, grabbing her hand.

She stared at him for a moment, before letting out a deep breath. "I know" she muttered, falling onto the sofa, next to him. "I just ... I don't want to ruin everything I have in this town," she said.

"Screw this town" Klaus cursed, letting her head fall against her shoulder. "No one will hurt you" he repeated. "I won't let that happen" he promised.

"I hate this town" he muttered.

"Then, let's go," Klaus said. "If you're so done, with Mystic Falls, let's leave" he exclaimed. She had said no, a million times before but he was determined, so he would carry on asking until he got the answer he wanted. "Screw this town" he tainted.

She stared into his eyes for a moment before nodding. "Fine" she shrugged, finally after so long, she gave in. "Where do you wanna go?" she requested.

"New York, California, Chicago" he listed raising an eyebrow, making a sweet laugh tumble from her lips. "How about Paris?" he asked.

"New York ... is appealing" she admitted.

"New York it is," he said with a grin.

~*~

They made it to New York, the next day. Or as Klaus liked to call it, the city of broken dreams. It was morbid but true.

And all it took was a few drinks for Klaus to find himself completely and utterly armoured with Esme, once again.

Klaus compelled them, a room in one of the fanciest hotels in New York and the liquor was amazing.

She was sitting in one of Klaus' shirts with nothing else underneath.

"Drink?" Klaus asked, holding out a glass to her.

"What is it?" she asked, accepting the drink.

"Sex on the beach," he said, smirking at her. "Which, we can totally do by the way" he teased.

Esme rolled her eyes, taking a sip of her drink. "Why are we here?" she suddenly, asked him.

Klaus poured himself a drink and sat down next to her. "Because you look amazing in my shirt" he teased. He couldn't help but admire how amazing, she looked in his clothes.

She could feel, her nerves rising. No matter, how many times, Klaus called her beautiful she still doubted him. "Is that why you like me?" she whispered. "Because I look good in your clothes?"

"Because you're stubborn. You enjoy art. Not to mention, you have a tolerance for my terrible decisions. And I feel like you can see, into my mind" he explained to her, he was terrified of her rejecting him.

She smiled, feeling her relief, bloom in her.

"And you're beautiful of course" he added, smirking at her before it flattered as he stared into her eyes. "I admire you."