Chapter 2

Chapter Two

Klaus Mikaelson

The only thing she could think about all night was Bonnie Bennett.

Her power just didn't add up. No one could have that much magic, born into them unless they were channelling their bloodline or another bloodline. But her other question was how on earth could someone channel that much power?

When she came downstairs the next morning, she saw, her grandfather cooking breakfast. "That smells amazing" she commented.

"That's because I'm talented" he teased, making her laugh. She watched him cook for a moment before deciding to help. "Oh, no I'm fine here," he said but she didn't believe him.

"Come on, pa, I make a fabulous egg," she said, with a wink.

"I'm fine, here" he assured her.

She gave in, sitting at the breakfast bar. He kept on refusing her help and despite, how worried she was about him, she had to let him feel in control. Even when she knew, he was presenting a false face.

"I met a girl yesterday" she suddenly declared.

"Did you now?" he asked raising an eyebrow.

"Don't" she chuckled, shaking her head. "I don't mean like that, but ... she was something special," she said elusively.

"In what way?" he asked, she could hear how uneasy his voice had become.

"She had too much magic for her own good" she blurted out. "And she could feel mine."

He suddenly dropped the spectacular walking over to the breakfast bar. "What?"

She nodded, sorrowfully. "She was a psychic, I know it," she told him.

"May, listen to me" he snapped, grabbing her hand, she could feel his hands were shaking. "If she knows what you are, and if she's dangerous, then we could lose everything" he panicked. "You can't see her again, you -"

"Calm down," she said, rubbing the back of his hand trying to reassure him. He carried on shaking and she got up forcing him to sit down on the stool. "Pa, calm down" she repeated assuring him. She was doing her best to remain calm for herself.

He drew in a few deep breaths and after a few minutes, he stopped shaking. "She was a Bennett," she told him. "And she didn't have any clue what was going on herself" she explained. "I was hoping, you'd have some advice."

"I don't want you getting hurt" he confessed.

"Pa, I'm twenty" she chuckled. "If I was gonna get hurt, I would have done it already," she said, giving her a small smile.

The two sat down and had breakfast that morning, and as usual, her grandfather never failed, to cook the most amazing food. She wished, he was still a chef.

The two never addressed the elephant in the room, which was why the two of them were even in Mystic Falls, to begin with. They hoped if they ever addressed it, then maybe, just maybe, it would go away.

~*~

Esme went to The Grill, later that day, hoping she would find Bonnie Bennett, and lay her mind at rest.

When she looked around the cafe, she noticed the girl sitting at a table, around the corner, on her phone. She took a deep breath, heading over to the witch.

She sat down next to her, but she didn't say a word. "Bonnie," she said, acknowledging her. The girl slid her phone into her pocket, looking at Esme expectingly. "What were you expecting flowers? I must admit, you are my type but I didn't know this was a date" she teased.