Chapter 11

Chapter Eleven

Chicago

She never usually took advice, from people. She had always been stubborn.

But being told to get out of the hell hole that was Mystic Falls was precisely what she needed. Without, a second thought, she booked in holiday, texted Bonnie and before she could even reply she was gone.

She didn't think about where she was going before she found herself in Chicago.

Where are you?

Where are you?

She smiled. A simple text back from him was enough to make her day now.

Chicago.

Where in Chicago?

East Hyde Park.
Coming to visit me?

You'll see, love.

She smiled to herself and decided to send him her location but part of her knew he'd be able to find her, either way.

She wasn't used to travelling on a whim but it felt freeing. No one was telling her what to do or how to live and there wasn't anyone from Mystic Falls annoying her which was always a bonus.

So, she found herself in Gloria's bar, she could tell it was crawling with vampires. The light hint of blood was wafting through the air.

She grabbed a glass of coke, heading over to one of the corner booths as the classic 20s music, rocked through the bar. She was still bitter, about being unable to drink for two more days.

Blood filled the air as a vampire, suddenly appeared from around the corner. "Hello, sweetheart" he drawled, sitting down next to her. She tried to ignore him, twirling her straw around in the glass. "Come on, don't be bitter" he drawled, throwing his arm over her shoulder.

Before she could react, someone grabbed him by the shoulder, pulling him off the seat and slamming him against the wall. A joyous smile spread over her lips when she realised it was Klaus. She knew he'd find her.

"That's no way to treat a Lady" he snarled, slamming the vampire's head back against the wall and grabbing him by the throat. His eyes were dark with rage.

"I'm sorry man" the guy cried, practically pleading for her life. "She was all alone and -"

"Stop talking" he compelled. The vampire struggled, fear in his eyes.

"Klaus!" Esme called, giving him a sharp look. If he was going to kill the vampire, then he might as well do it quick. But in a storage way, part of her was enjoying the sight.

Klaus smirked at her before turning back to the vampire. "Leave" he compelled, and the vampire scurried away. Klaus watched him leave, finally turning to look at Esme with a devilish grin on his face. "Hello, love," he teased, sliding into the boof next to her.

"Really?" she said, raising an eyebrow at him. She wasn't disappointed, as a matter of fact, she was rather impressed.

"I was defending your honour love" he teased. "Want a drink?" he asked. Everything about him was charging and enticing, to her.

"I'm 20" she replied.

"And I'm a vampire" he teased, making her smirk. The music shook around the two of them as Esme found herself looking into Klaus' eyes. It felt like, there was nothing else in the world other than them, at that moment.