Ch 566: Kings Or Gods

Start from the beginning

"Your Highness," Old Man Hu called him, his tone was different though as if he was sure of himself. Likely after confirming that Lin Ye truly was Ying Zhen. Old Man Hu gave Lin Ye the kind of proud expression an uncle would give his nephew, "You grew up and changed a lot. You even show more of your emotions now. I almost couldn't recognise you, Your Highness."

This was the first time Lin Ye felt that this old man was really talking to him.

"... Seems that I really am the prince," He sighed tiredly, "And here I thought that there was nothing that could surprise me anymore. Oh, how wrong I was."

Then he remembered how Skadi and Warfarin were acting the night Ying Li left.

"Skadi, Warfarin," Glancing at the both of them, he called their attention, "The two of you already knew of this, didn't you?"

Skadi, who had crossed her arms and was leaning on the wall, heard and glanced at him.

"You and that girl," She muttered loud enough for him to hear, "Both of you felt so alike."

"... I see," He hummed and then turned to Warfarin, "You, Warfarin?"

The woman pointed at her nose, "Both of you smell the same."

"I see," he nodded, then looked at them blankly, "Can you explain to me why you didn't tell me this important information."

Warfarin sighed exasperatedly, "You pure humans are just too slow at noticing these kinds of things."

"... That must be racist in some way," he sighed, "With how old you are, I'm not even surprised."

"What did you say?!" She yelled as she levelled a finger at him, "I'll have you kno-!"

Lin Ye ignored her rambling and turned to Skadi instead, waiting for her explanation.

"Don't ignore me!"

She was ignored.

"Did your sister want you to know?" Skadi answered.

"I..." Lin Ye paused, with a troubled expression, "I don't know."

"Your Highness, please understand why she did this," Old Man Hu jumped to her defence, "She was trying to-."

"Protect me, I know," He sighed, "It's just, who will protect her then?"

His question left both Leizi and Old Hu speechless, with pensive looks.

Seeing how troubled they looked, Lin Ye tried to reassure them, "It's fine. How about we focus on how we can help her instead? Can you tell me more about the person that is out to get me, the second prince?"

"The second prince?" Old Man Hu muttered.

Lin Ye nodded, "Yes, I need to know as much as I can about him. I have no memories of being Ying Zhen, so I'm going to need all the help I can get," he lightly lowered his head to the two of them, "So, please... Please help me save my sister."

Seeing the prince bowing his head to both of them, caused the pair to jump to their feet.

"Your highness!" Leizi shouted, "Don't lower your head!"

"We'll help you!" Old Man Hu begged, "So please, raise your head, Your Highness!"

Hearing how distressed they were, Lin Ye raised his head. He almost forgot he was a prince. Seeing their prince bowing to them must have freaked them out pretty badly.

Both Leizi and Old Hu sighed in relief when Lin Ye raised his head.

"... Although the information I have is all classified, I will tell you all that I know," Leizi nodded readily at him, "I serve Yan but my loyalty is to you alone, Your Highness."

"That so?" he mused, before showing a gentle smile at her, "Thank you Leizi. Truly, I am honoured to have someone like you on my side."

Hearing the prince praise her, Leizi's mind short-circuited, as she desperately tried and failed to keep her composure, "I-I am honoured as well!"

Old Man Hu laughed at all of this. Then he adopted a more serious expression when he focused on Lin Ye.

"I am fine with telling you all about your past, Your Highness," he said, "Do you really want to know about it, Your Highness?"

"... I don't think you should call me that," Lin Ye hummed while rubbing Nian's head, "Just call me Lin Ye instead."

"I apologise, but I cannot do that, Your Highness," Old Hu shook his head, "You are still the prince of Yan, no matter what you think."

Lin Ye glanced at Leizi and saw her nodding in agreement. He could sigh in resignation at this.

"... No matter," he could only accept this, considering how stubborn they were, "About me not knowing about my past, is it related to what my past self wanted?"

"... Yes," Old Hu solemnly nodded, "Although you are the rightful ruler of Yan, in my opinion, you never desired that title yourself. You always wished for a simpler life."

Old Hu stared straight into Lin Ye's eyes, "I can see that you have now achieved that. I am afraid that if you were to learn about your past, you would be pulled back into the life that you hated so much."

Lin Ye leaned into the sofa and hummed, "That must be what my sister was thinking when she lied to me, no?"

"... I believe so," Old Hu said sadly, "She truly loves you, her only true brother."

"Then you should know," Lin Ye calmly declared, "That if I truly am her brother, I will go through the depths of hell to give her a better future."

Leizi's and Hu's eyes widened hearing this.

Warfarin sighed tiredly.

Skadi hummed.

Grani looked at him in a different light now.

Nian stared at him as if he was someone she knew.

"And no one is going to stop me," Lin Ye hummed as he stared at Hu, "No matter if they are kings or gods, I will save my sister."

After listening to Lin Ye's words, Old Man Hu's expression changed slightly.

He was still the same as ever.

Old Hu sighed while straightening up in front of Lin Ye, "In that case, I'll tell you everything I know. Let's start where it all began."

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft: Jaq

Proofread: PanzerComrade56

Edit: Jaq