Chapter-1

The beautiful evening with the orange hues of the sun setting with gentle breeze was so magnificient along with the colourful flowers and lights that illuminated the plants and trees on both sides of the pathway that lead to the three deck house owned by the businessman Rajendran and his wife Kamini. 

All the decorations lead to the backway of their house where their garden was set up in a fairy way for the engagement that will take place in short time.

Kamini called her maid Sita to confirm if everything was ready and inturn Sita called her lovely daughter Jhaanvi who came as usual covering her left side of face with her duppatta.

Kamini: Jhaanvi, why are you not ready yet. Its already time for the engagement.

Sita: I will tell her to get ready Madam. You should look after the guest. Jhaanvi will be there soon.

Kamini: you too come fast. 

Once Kamini left Sita turned to Jhaanvi who was standing with a lost mind. Sita caressed her hair lovingly and took her hands and kissed her knuckles.

Sita: Jhaanvi, you know how madam loves you right ? and you cannot disappoint her. Now get ready quickly.

Jhaanvi: Maa, you know right ? how will I face people over there. What if anything goes wrong ?

Sita: Nothing will go wrong and my Jhaanvi will not do anything to hurt others even unknowingly. So now get ready. 

Jhaanvi went to the staff quarters to get ready and Meanwhile Akhil, the man who is going to steal the limelight of the day was in one of the rooms on the second floor. He was standing in the balcony watching the disappearing figure of Jhaanvi and returned to room and stood before the mirror checking his well fitting three piece suit and set his hair once again. He glared at his only friends Kabir and Sanjay who were shooting daggers at him. Akhil sighed and turned to them.

Akhil: Now, can you guys stop burning me with your eyes. For godsake its my engagement today. Atleast let me enjoy it.

Kabir: fuck with your engagement Akhil. you still have time to back off. 

Sanjay: She is not what you think Akhil and you will definitely regret it later. Now listen to us and stop.

Akhil: you both know that will not happen. I really love her and nobody stops me now.

Kabir: This is just infatuation Akhil not love. If this was true love then by the time you would have smiled non-stop like a maniac or least you would have tried to meet her secretly which any man in love would do.

Sanjay: Atleast did you call her in the past three hours. Did you try to kow what color dress she will wear or did you have any feelings of anxiety. Nothing...absolutely nothing..you are fooling yourself for a bitch.

Akhil: Shut up Sanjay. Please stop this. I know you both don't like her from the very begining but for my sake can you both keep your mouth shut.

Kabir: Yes, you speak like you have been in love for years. Its just a year you both know each other and in this one year we could see the real face of her but why can't you. She is such a actress to keep you blinded.

Sanjay: Listen Akhil, Close your eyes and take a deep breathe and think if you really want this. Its your life still we will be there to drink with you when you come to us that she ditched you. Remember to buy us the most expensive wine to celebrate your heart break.

Kabir: Definitely, but you will not drink and watch us drink happily. Deal ?

Akhil: Deal. Now fuck off both of you.

Kabir and Sanjay left the room and Akhil closed his eyes and took a deep breathe. All he could see was the innocent, shining eyes and covered face of Jhaanvi. He opened his eyes and sat on the couch his thoughts reminiscing the incident that happened some hours back.