Dear Diary 19... Nerve-Racking Day

Today is the day Ashley and my mom meet for the first time, I’m so nervous about Ashley meeting my mom and my mom finding out Ashley’s age, she might think he is too old for me.

Tumi and I woke up, she made up the bed and I made breakfast for her, Ntando and myself, Ntando then changed his pyjamas and went outside to play with his friends, Tumi and I started cleaning the house and took a bath, it was a nerve-racking day for me and Tumi just wanted to be here when my mom talks to Ashley and I, she loves drama.

Later on, Ashley got here before my mom, he was really nervous, I sat with him and Tumi in the living room while waiting for my mom, when she got back from work she sat with us in the living room and I introduced Ashley to her, she had the most serious scary look, then she asked me and Tumi to go to my room, she wanted to speak with Ashley alone, so we left them alone. They spoke for almost an hour and what was frustrating is the fact that we couldn’t hear them from my room.

When my mom called me, my heart stopped for a bit, I was freaking out because I didn’t know what I was walking in to, I left Tumi in my room and went to join them.

My mom was just telling us that we can date but not have sex and I’m not allowed to visit his house but we can go out on dates and he can come to my house but he’s not allowed in the house when she’s not around and we agreed to her terms.

It was time for Ashley to leave so I walked him to his car, we spent like 30 minutes talking, we were so happy that my mom approved our relationship

Me: So, are you really not gonna tell me what my mother said?

Ashley: She was giving me the rules

Me: For almost an hour?

Ashley: Yes

Me: Ashley you are lying

Ashley: [Laughing] I’m telling you

Me: If you don’t tell me I’m breaking up with you

Ashley: [Laughing] Nosipho you are such a drama queen

Me: [Laughing] That’s why you love me

Ashley: Yeah, my drama queen

Me: Well I better get back in there before my mom thinks we are having sex

Ashley: Please, I don’t want to be on her bad side, I will call you later

Me: Okay drive safely, love you

Ashley: Love you too

I couldn’t even kiss him goodbye, I was scared that my mom might be looking, he got in the car and left and I went back inside the house