xxxiii. How To Say Goodbye To Your Dragon

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

chapter thirty-threehow to say goodbye to your dragon

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

chapter thirty-three
how to say goodbye to your dragon

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

    THE BATTLE continued on. It was a haze of roars, fire and angry war cries. While Hiccup fought from the air, the rest of his team battled on the water. And they worked well━for the first time in a very long time, they worked side by side. They were fluent, they bounced off each other without argument and without frustration. When Valkyrie was surrounded, Tuffnut would scare them off━running straight at them with his arms up high and a terrifying, ridiculous face. And she didn't even need to blink an eye before she spun her mallet and knocked the Hunter right over the side of the boat. Astrid bounced off Ruffnut to leap upwards and unlock the cages━with ferocious roars, the rest of Berk's dragons were being freed left, right and centre. Once she landed, they'd share a high-five in their celebration and move on, skidding past Hott who knocked warriors right into the direction of Snotlout's swinging hammer. He'd grin and shout: "YEAH━!" as he hit their noses. "YOU JUST GOT SMASHED BY THE SNOTMAN!" And when things became too much, Fishlegs somehow found enough courage to grab the rope and swing his way down, clearing Hunters out of the way like wooden pegs. 

    If their dragons were helping from above, they barely even noticed━they barely even needed their help. As more and more dragons escaped and made their way back to New Berk, the rest of the calvary landed to help. Valka, Eret son of Eret and Gobber the Belch joined the firestorm, and somehow, the group of them started to have an entire fleet at their mercy. 

    "Guys!" Snotlout shouted as he tugged open the cage of a pair of Snafflefangs. "That's two more on me! Four to go!"

     Valkyrie gasped and started off at a run after him, "Don't you dare!" she shouted, "I'm going to win this!"

    (But never once could they ever not turning something into a competition). 

    Around them, it was chaos. Masts crashed into the sea. Vessels slammed into each other. Sails were burning and Hunters were falling from the sky. The morning had turned into a hell of ash and smoke; the clouds grey and the water an ocean of fire. Dragons swooped and they fled━species of all sizes joined the battle; fighting for their right to live in peace. Valkyrie gawked as the vast wingspan of the Crimson Goregutter overpassed her, turning the entire deck she stood on into night before it passed on, ramming its antlers straight into the mast of the adjacent ship.

       Valkyrie raced to the next cage, tugging it open with a grunt just before Snotlout could struggle open his next to her. She poked her tongue out, smug as a whole swarm of Hobgobblers shot past. "Count them yourself!" she jeered. "But a whole swarm of Hobgobs will never amount to what you've..." her words trailed off, and her mouth fell agape when Snotlout just held his hand out, letting a legendary Silver Phantom take flight. She watched it go, in awe of the shine of its long, slender wings and the mysterious, haunting cry it made towards the sky.