xv. Chief Hiccup II

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

━━ chapter fifteenchief hiccup, ii

━━ chapter fifteen
chief hiccup, ii

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

    "ZEPHYR!"

    Valkyrie was sobbing as she ran to meet her dragon. As soon as he touched down, she was sprinting straight at him, crying his name and holding her arms out. Zephyr met her in the middle, bounding across the dirt to sweep her up into the air. She laughed through her tears, wrapping her arms around his long neck. Her feet dangled off the ground, but she didn't care. Scratching his scales and matching his squawks, Valkyrie set her forehead against the horn on his snout, cheeks a tear-stained red.

    He was so happy, he wagged his tail and stood up onto his hind legs, holding her even higher. Valkyrie just broke out into more laughter, nuzzling into his touch and letting herself be wrapped into a hold with his neck, safe and sound; together again.

    "Oh, I'm never letting you go again!" she sobbed, laying her head against his scales and calming down to the vibrations of his guttural squawks as if he was telling her exactly the same things. "I promise, Zephyr, I'm never letting someone like Drago hurt you ever again. We're staying together."

    Zephyr closed his eyes and titled his head to her touch. She smiled, her tears starting to calm as she settled; happy with him back and at her side.

    All around there were happy reunions. Vikings ran to their dragons; they hugged, they laughed, they cried. New dragons settled down onto the ground and were immediately welcomed by everyone else, given fish salvaged by the docks. A group of kids had absolutely fallen in love with the Scuttleclaws and were already playing tag around the ice.

    Gothi was swarmed by her Terrible Terrors. Asrifth laughed, jumping right onto Boulder's back from behind and giving him a scratch under the chin. His Gronckle slammed his clubbed tail, estatic. Valkyrie saw Gustav be swung around by Fanghook, almost setting the house nearby onto fire. New dragons met their new home, and those who resided in it, under the protection of the Alpha; Toothless. Hiccup smiled at his dragon, "You never cease to amaze me, bud," he murmured and closed his eyes━their foreheads met. Toothless huffed, sharing this quiet moment; one of sorrow, but also forgiveness. Valkyrie smiled as she hugged Zephyr. It turned into a laugh when the Night Fury let out a guttural groan and brought his tongue right over Hiccup's face. "Agh! Ah━You know that doesn't wash out!" but he couldn't be angry. He just cackled as he was toppled over onto the ground. He was happy to have his dragon back━to hug him and let out a tear against his scales.

     Astrid cried as she met up with Stormfly, laughing and nuzzling her head into her scaly cheeks. Her Nadder ruffled her wings and tail in her excitement. Mak and Erik ran through groups of Vikings straight for Fleecey and Meecey━the two Terrible Terrors wrapped their small legs around their necks, chirping a beautiful song. Hott flung his arms around Spikemoth's underbelly, latching his legs up as well as she cried out in cheerful greetings. Hott didn't care about being manly, or a warrior, or some big Viking with his braid that told them all that he was a grown up. He trembled in his sobs as his Nadder covered him in her wings, keeping him safe and protected. That was all that mattered to him right now. He didn't have to be manly━he just wanted to be himself; he just wanted to know that Spikemoth was back, and his best friend was okay.