~Halloween~ {Grumbo}

Halloween. One of the best holidays ever! Well, for most people. Mumbo wasn't one of those people. His family never did the whole costume or candy thing. They just, sat at home and watched Halloween movies.

What if this year was different for the mustached man? What if he meets someone...or something that gets him out of the house for once?

"Ugh do you ever shut up?" Mumbo glared at Iskall who just stared blankly at him.

They were planning on spending Halloween together this year and Mumbo was in charge of making dinner. Iskall was currently with Mumbo shopping but he just would not stop talking. It was like a broken record.

Mumbo POV

I groaned as Iskall dragged me into a very emo looking store. He was that type of person all right. He disappeared the second we got in there. This made me very upset so instead of trying to find him, I walked out and sat down, waiting for my friend.

It took a good hour for him to finally come out.

"Oh, there you are!" He smiled, and that's when I noticed he had a bag.

I glared, "What's that?"

He smirked and hid the bag behind his back, "Huh? I don't know what you're talking about." He had this very annoying teasing tone in his voice.

I sighed and got up, "Whatever, let's just go home."

He nodded and thus, we began the long walk home. It wasn't that bad. It was a nice afternoon so it wouldn't be too bad of a walk. It took us about half an hour to get home. Another hour to finish dinner.

After we ate, Iskall runs off and grabs the thing he bought. When he came back, I noticed what it was.

Ouija Board.

My heart sinks, "Iskall, what the hell!?"

He just smirks at me, "Oh, c'mon Mumbo. How bad can it be? Look, I bought some sage too so we'll be safe."

I just glared at him for a bit before sighing, "Fine."

He smiled and grabbed the sage and lighter. We walked outside of the house and lit it, showering our bodies in the smoke. Once we felt comfortable enough, we found our way back inside. Iskall unboxed the board and set it up.

"Okay, it says to place two fingers on the little dial thingy and then..." He huffed and threw the paper behind him.

I glared at that before doing what my friend had said. He also does the same. I watch him take a deep breath before looking at me.

"Are there any spirits around us?" The dial starts moving towards the 'Yes' before returning to the middle, "Are you friendly?" The dial once again moves to 'Yes'.

I sigh, "phew, that's a relief." The dial moves to 'H' 'E' 'L' 'L' 'O', "Hello." I chuckle a bit, what a sweet spirit.

"Are-" Before Iskall could finish his sentence, a bright glow illuminates the dark room, before quickly disappearing.

The blast it created sent me and Iskall flying backwards. After my eyes adjust, I see what looks to be a boy, or short man, hard to tell, laying on the floor. I quickly rush over to him.

"Hey....hey!" I gently shake his shoulders.

As I'm shaking him, I now see the demonic wings growing from his shoulders. He also had horns that curled from his forehead to the middle of his head. After a few seconds of shaking him, he starts to stir a bit.

"Mm..." One of his eyes open a little, "Hello...?" He looked at me before quickly pushing me away and crawling into the corner, "Ahh! Who are you!? How did I get here!?" He wrapped one of his wings around him, peering over the top of it.

"Woah woah woah! Calm down! I'm not gonna hurt you, mate. My name's Mumbo." I look next to me and see an apple sitting on the table.

I grab it and roll it over to the blonde. He takes it and sniffs it before taking a bite out of it.

"Grian...my name's Grian...were you the one I was talking to?" He takes his wing and folds it against his back.

I nods slowly, "You we're talking to me and-" my body freezes, "Iskall." I quickly get up, which makes Grian flinch, and run to Iskall.

He was passed out and had a trail of blood flowing down his head. He must have his his head on something. I sighed and picked him up, carrying him and laying him gently on the couch. Grian watched my movements closely as I leave the room to find some bandaids. Once I return, I see Grian kneeling next to the couch.

This was when I saw his tail. It was a thin line with a triangle at the end. It swayed back and forth.

"Mumbo?" I didn't even realize I was staring, making my face turn red.

"Yes?" I walked over and started taking care of Iskalls head.

"How am I hear..? I'm a demon. You shouldn't even be able to see me..." His voice was adorable first off, but it seemed to have a hint of pain and worry in it.

"I'm not sure, but I can't say I hate it. You seem like a nice....person?" I chuckled a little.

He also giggled and watched as I took care of my friend, "Will he be okay?"

His tail gently touched my arm, making me jump a little, "Uh- yeah, he should be fine."

Time Skip

It's been a good few hours now. Grian had fallen asleep on my lap. Why do I feel like I know him? Did I meet him before he became a demon? He stirs a bit in his sleep before looking up at me.

"Mumbo...?" His red and brown eyes scan my face as I tilt my head a bit.

"Yes, Grian?" Before I could react, he quickly wraps his arms around me and kisses me.

I was shocked, but it felt right. Like we've done this a million times before. I melt into the kiss, wrap my arms around him. He pulls away and giggles a little.

"I thought your named sound familiar, yah spoon!" The nickname makes me chuckle.

"Yeah yeah, I know."

Now I know. Grian is my soulmate. We've always been with each other. I've always loved him, and he's always loved me.

We are each other's everything.

And I love him in every life.