Adventures Of Cute Guy and Hot Guy

Grian's POV

I sighed. Another day of being a sidekick. I cringe. I get out of my bed and walk to my closet, grabbing my outfit.

I had nothing special. Just some pink heart sunglasses, a pink sweater that was far too big and always fell off my shoulders, and a pink undershirt. My partner always looked better.

Most people knew him as HotGuy, but we don't use our codenames when we're home. I know him as Scar, he knows me as Grian. And that's how it's always been.

Scars outfit consisted of a black, skin tight body suit with baggy black pants and his bow. Again, he was way more out together then I was, but it's fair seeing as how he's the one who started this.

"G!" A soft voice breaks me out of my trance.

"Yeah?" I turn to my door, watching as Scar walked in.

He had his signature orange and green sunglasses on and that stupid smile, "Ready for another day of fighting lives and saving crime?"

I roll my eyes and smile fondly, "Wrong way 'round buddy." I pay his shoulder as I start to walk out of our house.

I hear a soft 'aw man's as I spread my wings, taking in the warm summer air. Scar followed behind me and locked our door.

"Where to first?" I question.

Scar grabs his phone and scrolls a bit, "Looks like we don't have anything yet. Wanna go get some breakfast?"

"Mm...waffles do sound nice." I smile and stretch my wings, "race?"

Scar chuckled and stretched as well, "You know it."

3....

2....

1.

I take off, smoothly glideing through the air, making sure I'm above the towering buildings.

I landed at a small, local dinner that my best friend and sister work at.

"Cute guy!" My sister, Pearl, runs out and hugs me.

I chuckle and hug back, holding her tight as Scar finally arrives, out of breath. Pearl was similar to me, but instead of having bird wings, she had blue moth ones.

Gem pokes her head out and smiles, "Hi you two! Take a seat!"

Pearl marches off to help our friend while me and Scar take a seat at our booth. As Scar sat down, he accidentally kicked my leg, earning him a glare.

He giggled, "Sorry waffle boy."

I frown and kick his shin, making him yelp and slam his head down on the table, fake crying for dramatic effect. Actually, I kicked him fairly hard so he probably is actually crying.

Gem sets two cups down on the table, "Black coffee for Hot Guy and a caramel cappuccino for the Cutie." She winked, making me smile.

"Thank you Gem." I took a sip, immediately regretting it.

I teared up and quickly set the warm liquid down. Scar looked at me and laughed.

"Ha! Karma!" He stopped when he noticed how much pain I was actually in.

He leaned over and gently moved my hands away from my face before getting up and grabbing an ice cube from an ice tray in the middle of the dinner. He came back and gently placed the ice against my lip.

"Does this help?" His tone was soft and sweet.

I blushed and looked away. Scar chuckled and took the ice away.

"Y'know, luke-warm is the best temperature for a burn." Pearl and Gem smirked as they stood behind the counter.

Scar looked at them while I looked the opposite way, embarrassed.

"I'll keep that in mind." He looked back at me.

I just whined and sulked back, "Are my waffles ready yet?"

Gem and Pearl giggled and grabbed our food, bringing to us. We finaihed our food and paid before heading out. We still haven't heard anything so we decided to go to the park. We sat under a large oak tree.

"Such a nice and peaceful day." I sighed out.

Scar hummed in response, making me worry. Scar was the most vocal out of the two of us.

"You okay?" He was spaced out.

"Huh? Oh! Yeah! I'm great! Just...thinking." He looked at me before looking off into the distance again.

I followed his gaze and saw a couple, cuddling on the bench. I looked back at him and smiled softly.

"It's not nice to stare." I leaned in and whispered in his ear.

He jumped slightly before looking at me, "Stare? Who? Me!? Never!"

I rolled my eyes and moved closer to him, "You're a terrible liar." I rested my head on his shoulder.

He blushed before wrapping his arm around me. I looked up at him, our eyes meeting. We both leaned in, pushing our lips together for a second.

He laughed, "Lips still hurt?"

"Yep."