Chapter Twenty-Six

After a brief scan around the bathroom to confirm nobody was indeed present, Dean as promised took his seat on the toilet. He sat with his legs apart, elbows on knees and head in hands, staring unwaveringly at the floor.

Avoiding the mirrors, I stripped of my clothes quickly and jumped into the hot running water. At no point did the thought of Dean being in the room make me feel self-conscious, probably because I knew he didn't want to cross that invisible line. The waterfall head perfectly covered my whole body. I'd avoided the mirrors because I knew without anyone having to tell me what had sprayed over my face when Dean... killed that man.

Violently the recollection played back the moment, as if I'd forget it any time soon. Each time I struggled not to flinch as my face got resprayed again and again.

Bracing my hands either side of the wall I took deep breaths, trying to calm my fast beating heart. Only to open them seconds later to see the light pink water below.

Sick crawled up the back of my throat at the thought of breathing in their blood, the blood of the people who died.

"You okay?" Dean's voice wrenched me back to reality. Just the reminder of his body an arm length away smoothed the maddening thoughts. "I swear to god if you don't answer-"

"- I'm fine." My voice shook uncontrollably. Forcing myself to focus, I grabbed the shower gel and scrubbed at my skin, the harder I went the cleaner I felt. The only problem being the blood never went, I'd scrub and seconds later it appeared again.

I cried out as I frantically attempted to clean my body, my breathing becoming hectic.

"Megan, stop!" One of Dean's hands removed the nail brush from mine whilst the other held my reaching hand away.

I looked back down at my now red raw arms, some parts even had minuscule bumps of fresh blood. Dean flung the brush out of the shower, creating a loud bang as it landed on the tiled floor. Effectively getting it well out of my way.

"I'm sorry, there's just so much blood everywhere."

Dean lifted his hands to capture my face, the water from the shower beating down on us. The fact I was naked and Dean still fully dressed only now making its way into my mind.

"You don't have to be sorry, not to me." And with that Dean's lips briefly touched mine. So soft, asking for permission.

When I didn't pull away, Dean deepened the kiss. Cradling my head in one hand whilst his arm snaked around my waist. Bring our body's together.

I'd kissed a few guys before, but never like this. There had always been a hesitation, like I'd been doing it because it was expected of me.

This felt completely different. Dean's mouth moved with such hunger, as if he needed this as much as I did. Eagerly, I met each kiss with my own bruising ones. He took me to a place far away, an island for us, and us alone.

He pulled back and I wanted to moan in frustration. Desire burned brightly in his eyes telling me all I needed to know. Our breathing was rapid as we fought for air. Dean recovered much quicker than me, his thumb tracked where his lips had just been.

We both knew what was to come. Half afraid and Half excited, I leant against the wall for support, very aware of how unclothed I was compared to Dean.

"I've never-"

"I know." Dean rested his head against mine. "And I don't want to hurt you. But I've never felt so horny in my life." Dean's admission sent a bold spark through me.

"Me either." I chuckled nervously, and to my joy Dean did too. "I want you Dean."

That was all it took, Dean's lips crushed down onto mine. No longer gentle, he'd longed for this as much as I had. The realisation made me want him that much more.