A Plan For A Key

Previously: 1120 words

Now: 1230

I went to work in the factory. I walked in and was shocked to see someone new was placed as a guard. Lloyd. He stood still, his now purple eye was glowing, he still had a bandage over his injured eye. His pointed ears seemed to be moving, as if listening for any disturbances. "Hey, who is the new guard?" Karloff asked. "He's a special ex-elemental guard. Hahahaha!" Chen laughed. Everyone gasped. Except the cultists. Karloff and the other elementals came over to me. "He wears a ninja gi, do you know him?" Tox asked. "I do." I said. "Who is he, what was his power?" Chamille asked. "He's the green ninja. He had the power of energy, he's the grandson of The First Spinjitzu Master." I say. They all looked shocked. "I have a plan to escape however." I said. "Tell us!" Karloff said. "We need to build our way out." I said. "Karloff has taken a building and engineering class, he knows how to build roto jet." Karloff said. "I guess since it has weapons and it can provide us protection. Fine, get started, I'll get the keys from Lloyd and escape along with my friend Kai, and then we'll grab the parts you need." I said. Everyone nodded and got to work.

Karloff went to an old cloth that was laying on the floor and put it in front of a noodle machine that had a sign in front of it that read 'OUT OF ORDER' and got to work. Lloyd turned his head to Karloff but looked away. I looked at Lloyd and for a split second saw his face turn to anger and his purple eye turn green again, but then his eye turned back to purple and his face turned back to being lifeless and emotionless. Maybe he can be helped, he seemed to fight it for a second. I then jumped on top of a noodle machine and jumped to another machine. "Hey! Get down or I'll make you." Lloyd said with a monotonous tone, his expression never changing, but his eye was glued on me. I gulped and got down. Lloyd put cuffs on me and I secretly grabbed the keys just after he locked me in my cell. I unlocked my cell and escaped. "You got it!" Kai whispered. "Yeah! Now let's go!" I whispered. Kai nodded and we left. "The other elementals are building a roto jet to help us escape." I said as we ran. "What! You can't build a jet underground! How will it fly?!" Kai said. "We just have to hope." I said. Kai groaned but kept running.

We got inside the palace and saw no one. The whole palace was empty of elementals, kabuki, cultists, as well as Nya, Jay, and Zane. "Where is everyone?" I asked. "I don't know." Kai said. "We have to go back then, the others should be getting finished." I said. Kai nodded and we headed back to the tunnels. After we got in we climbed at the top. "Hurry up with that noodle machine!" Lloyd yelled out. Kai's eyes widened. "That's Lloyd? Man, I knew he was under a spell, but I didn't think Chen would use him for free labor." Kai asked. "Chen wants it fixed, soon it will be raining noodles." Karloff said. "Let me see." Lloyd snapped. Lloyd ripped off the cloth. I grabbed some heavy-duty chains and jumped down and tied Lloyd up. "Hey!" He shouted. I just threw him in and we started to escape. All the other guards were trying and failing to stop us. "Karloff! Get this thing in the air!" I said. "It fly when it flies!" Karloff snapped. He was on the wing trying to fix it. We kept burrowing through. I heard yelling in the back and Lloyd managed to break out. "Lloyd you need to hold on! You're under a spell! We can help you!" I said. "I-I don't need h-help." Lloyd managed to say. I noticed his purple eye had turned green again. He looked at me and looked shocked, and some other emotion that I couldn't identify. "C-cole?" He stuttered. "It's good to have you back buddy!" I said. He didn't respond. I unchained him. I hugged him, but he didn't hug me back. "What's wrong Lloyd?" I asked. I then identified the other emotion. Fear. He unwrapped the bandage on his eye and three lines went over his eye that was covered, it was now ruby red and a burn scar covered that eye, he fortunately could open it all the way now. I gasped. Kai and the other elementals looked shocked. The fear in his eyes grew when he saw a wall we were digging in. I turned and we went through. I then noticed the black swirls had stayed, but this time they seemed to have gold highlights. Odd.

Once we broke all the way through, I saw Sensei Garmadon and Pixal chained to two poles. "Cole!" Pixal shouted out. "Don't forget me!" Kai said. We all laughed and we unchained the two. Lloyd hung around the back. Fear shone brightly in his eyes. "Son?" Garmadon asked. Lloyd stayed still and just stared at his Father, backing away. Fear shone in his eyes. "What did they do to you?" Garmadon asked. Lloyd just collapsed on his knees and started to shake badly.

Lloyd started to breathe very heavily and started to crawl away from Garmadon. "Stay away!" He yelled at Garmadon who tried to approach Lloyd. "His anxiety levels are rising very quickly!" Pixal said. Lloyd kept on shaking. "Sensei Garmadon! You need to leave Lloyd right now!" Pixal said. "But he's my son!" Garmadon argued. "And you're causing his panic!" Pixal said. Garmadon sighed and walked away. "Lloyd, calm down." I said. The other elementals went to try and find an exit when they heard voices. "They must have escaped this way!" A voice called out. "Wow. So smart Jay!" A female called out.

"Nya!" I called out. "Cole! Is that you?" Nya called out. Suddenly a flash of blue came out of nowhere and I was on the ground. "You jerk! You can't just leave and not say bye!" Jay yelled. "Jay come on!" Nya said. "Lloyd!" Nya shouted out to their friend in green who had finally calmed down. "Don't!" I shouted out to Nya who was approaching Lloyd. "Why not?" Jay was confused. "Lloyd just had a panic attack over his father, I don't want to accidentally send him into another one." Kai said. Jay and Nya looked at Lloyd in sorrow. "Poor Lloyd." Jay said. "Are those black swirls on his face?" Jay asked. "Yeah, they grew darker when he was controlled by Chen." I said. "That's odd, maybe it has something to do with the dark magic." Nya said, clearly wondering about what caused the swirls on Lloyd's skin to darken.

After we had our small reunion we all entered the main hall where Chen was. "Ah, so my prisoners have escaped. "Lloyd? Come here." Chen ordered. We all looked at Lloyd who was surrounded in a dark aura. "Lloyd?" Kai asked. Lloyd looked up and ran at Chen. One of his hands was outstretched. He looked like a wild animal. His skin turned ebony black, before he burst into a purple light. "Lloyd...?" Kai asked, a little frightened.