Finding Danger Is What We Do

Previously: 1046 words

Now: 1168

(Remember Kai's POV until the next chapter!)

I started to head out to make my way to Nya's room. I climbed up and hopped onto the balcony. I opened the door, and everyone turned to me. "Nice room." I spoke. It really was nice. Nicer than mine, but I wasn't going to tell them that. "Yeah, it fits." Nya said. I laughed. Nya led us to her living room area. "Nice! This is way better than rocks!" Cole said. We all gave him a look. "What?! My bed and furniture are made of literal rock!" He defended looking at everyone. I sighed. "Alright! We need to find Lloyd somehow, I'm sure they won't let us wander around at night, so. How do we get around without being spotted?" Nya asked us. "Scanning 50% done, scanning complete." Zane said. We looked at him. "Zane?" I asked. "There is a secret entrance behind the painting." Zane said. "How? You couldn't do that before." Jay said. "I upgraded some things with the help of Pixal." He said. "Oh." Cole said. Me and Jay will stay and watch in case someone comes around." Nya said. We all nodded. Zane took off the painting and we hopped in the entrance. Cole left a trail of chocolate covered almonds. (Deal with it, I don't know what the snack he ate in the show is called). "Good thinking on leaving a trail Cole." I said. "Hey, oh yeah, I meant to do that." He said. I rolled my eyes, and we kept moving along the dark corridor. There were a lot of strange inscriptions of serpentine, specifically Anacondrai, on the walls, torches lined the walls as well. There were plenty of corridors, so without the trail they were leaving, we likely would have no way of getting back.

After a couple of minutes, we heard a few people talking. They were rather loud, it sounded as if they were scolding someone. We all hid and listened to what they were saying, due to their volume, it wasn't that hard. "Hey! Stop hitting that chain prisoner!" One of them shouted. (I know they don't find Zane so fast in the show, but I have to change things in order for this to work, okay?). "..." The prisoner made no response back, they just kept hitting a chain. "Who wants to bet that's Lloyd?" Jay said. I chuckled a little bit. Lloyd was known for not listening to direct orders. Especially if he didn't like you. The guards scoffed and left. "He can't talk or see in his eye right now, he's not worth it. Chen has his element anyways." One of the guards said. We gasped. We quietly made our way to the door. Inside we saw Lloyd. He had chains on his wrists. He was staring down at the floor, he had bandages over his eye that we had seen was injured in the photo, he also had a terribly placed bandage on his arm, the cut that was there wasn't fully placed on. "Lloyd!" Cole said. Lloyd looked up and stared at us in shock. Hope gleamed in his eyes, but it was erased. "Stop messing with my mind Clouse!" He nearly shouted. He was breathing heavily, and his eyes were widened with fear, as if expecting something to come at us and we'd disappear. "Lloyd it's just us!" Cole said. "How do I know you're not a mind illusion?!" He yelled out. "Because how would I know that even when you were 'evil' you would cry over stepping on bugs?" I said. Everyone looked at me in shock then turned to Lloyd in surprise. "Kai? It's really you! Wait- Hey! I told you not to tell anyone!" Lloyd complained. "I thought Chen said he has your element. It would explain why you haven't managed to escape yet." Zane said. "They took it after I woke up the first time. They had to perform multiple surgeries on me. in an attempt to keep me alive. From Chen's scowls, it was most definitely expensive." Lloyd replied. He lifted his shirt to show different marks that I could make out to be procedure scars. Cole looked a little shocked. "How did he steal your element anyways? We still have ours?" Cole asked. "When Chen tried to take my powers, I fought him and told him that you guys would be powerless for the tournament, apparently since he wasn't destroying my powers, it won't affect yours. Of course, Nya would be unaffected either way, but since my powers are connected to me, he hasn't killed me yet." Lloyd said with a bored look. He was tired of this whole thing from what I could tell. "We have to go now Lloyd, stay in the shadows for now. Try not to stir up any trouble with the guards next time." I said. Lloyd looked uncertain and just nodded. "Come save me sometime. It will be appreciated." Lloyd joked. We all chuckled and left after saying bye to Lloyd. I felt uneasy leaving him there, we found him, but we couldn't break him out just yet.

We were walking away when we all heard some kind of ceremony going on. And not a fun one, it sounded like a ritual used to summon something. We all peered by a wall and saw what looked like cultists chanting for something. We couldn't understand them, but we knew it meant trouble. We stayed hidden when Chen walked out. "Bring in the loser!" He shouted. Some cultists brought in Karlof which was surprising because of his size. "Let Karlof go!" Karlof said. "Aw, but like I said, use it or lose it!" Chen said while pointing his staff at Karlof. Karlof yelled out as his elemental powers were stripped away from him. We all gasped. "Now you can go." Chen started. Karlof looked shocked and happy. "To the noodle factory!" Chen finished. Cultists dragged Karlof away from the room as he yelled out and attempted to run away. "We should go now." I whispered to everyone. "Yeah, let's go." Cole said.

After we made it back to Nya's room, we saw Jay and Nya sitting down chatting. "Your back!" Nya said. Zane looked at his back. "What? What's wrong with my back?" He was confused. We laughed. "So, any news?" Jay asked. After explaining to them what we found they gasped. "I knew Chen would stoop low like that." Nya hissed. "Alright, let's just follow the rules for a little while, I have a fight tomorrow morning y'know." I said. We all looked at each other and nodded. After we went back to our rooms I lay down on my bed and fell asleep.

I hope you liked this page. I know it's a lot different than the show. AGAIN! They are fighting for an entirely different person, so anything with Lloyd in it has to be changed, both small and big changes will be made like this. Also, Garmadon isn't here either.