Chapter 26: Draco's POV

The moon appeared among the clouds, beaming its pearly white light onto those below it, and all was silent, except for the occasional flutter of bird wings, or the indignant murmuring of a haughty fairy. Draco had originally taken Harry out to stargaze with him, but he found it more interesting to gaze at him instead. Harry looked away from the star-spangled night sky, and to Draco, grinning shyly. "You're meant to be watching the sky, not me," he said, laughing, and the blond gave him a coy smile. "It's not my fault that you're so beautiful,"  he declared, and Harry rolled his eyes, pushing him on the shoulder with his bird less hand - Talia had joined them. "Gosh, you're so cheesy, I'm actually going to puke," he said, jokingly miming the action.

Talia flew up to a branch of the willow tree Harry and Draco were sitting under, flapping her wings enthusiastically, but going unnoticed by the two boys below her, who were deeply immersed in conversation, and pointing out the brightest stars in the sky. She hummed indignantly, and swooped down from her place on the willow tree, pecking at the top of Harry's head, before settling down in the wild mass of his hair. Harry laughed so hard that he fell over, causing Talia to fly away, and Draco to give him a startled look. "What's so funny?" he asked, while Harry punched and slapped his shoulder, still shaking with laughter. He took several deep breathes, attempting to calm himself down enough to speak. "It's just that- well she'd really make Hedwig proud, wouldn't she?"

Draco stared at him, wandering if he had gone crazy. Of course he had known who Hedwig was - she was the owl that he had once fed a treat before - but surely the matches in personality with her and Talia were not that funny? Yet Harry continued to laugh, his brilliant green eyes twinkling in the moonlight. Draco rolled his eyes, exasperated.  "All right, all right, cut it out, you little lunatic. It's not even that funny, I don't know why your laughing," he said, feigning annoyance. Draco ended up having to grab both of Harry's wrists to stop him from hitting his shoulder - which had just started to seriously hurt. Once Harry had completely calmed down, Draco sat cross legged in front of him, and Harry mirrored him.

"Right, I want us to do this whole relationship thing properly, so I want all your attention to be on me, ok?" he added, for Harry had been staring absently at a butterfly that had just flown past. He looked up, apparently startled. "I'm listening,"  he replied, tearing his curious green eyes away from the departing butterfly. Draco held out his hands, and Harry put his his own inside them. He smiled, that bright, beaming smile, blinking expectantly. Draco took another deep breath.  "I want you to know that you're the most important person in my life- hey, what are you doing?" Harry looked up to him from his place lying on the grass, grinning. "The clouds are shaped just like hearts, Dray, look!"

Draco blinked back at him, giving Harry the chance to grab his arm, pulling him down onto the grass too. Draco scowled, crossing his arms indignantly. "I take you out onto the grounds - out of the kindness of my heart, mind you - to ask you to be my boyfriend, and your response is to act like you're on drugs? Wow, this is really romantic, Potter, isn't it?" Harry rolled over until he was inches away from Draco's face, placing a soft kiss onto his forehead. "You know I'd always say yes, no matter how high I might sound. So now that we're boyfriends, what should my last name be when we get married? I was thinking that you could be- Draco Potter! That has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?"

Draco laughed, giving up his his play in anger, and pushing Harry on the shoulder. "I don't know about marriage, love, but that all sounds nice. It really does," he said, smiling, and Harry smiled back.

————————————

Having to pretend that you don't like someone, when , in reality, they're your favourite person, is a feat that is almost impossible to pull off - never mind trying to act like you hate them. But if anything was going to work, it had to be carried out, so for the next few weeks, nothing happened between Harry and Draco. Even Harry, who at first, attempted to ignore the restrictions, often finding himself being constantly in close contact with his boyfriend, but when a hooded figure appeared on the lamp lit streets of Hogsmeade one evening, when a group of Gryffindors, that included Harry, went out to get a butterbeer, he resisted.

The whole thing felt (again) like one big punishment, but it was bearable, now that they both knew perfectly well that they were far from hating each other now. Charlotte seemed to notice the difference, though, because her, Nova, and a boy that Draco didn't know, approached him at the Slytherin table at breakfast one morning. Draco regarded the boy with obvious suspicion. "Uh, no offence, but who are you?" Charlotte gave a start, making a noise of realisation. "Oh, I completely forgot that you didn't know about Spencer," she muttered, glancing to the boy who had his shoulder-length hair tied into a low ponytail. He smiled.

"Don't sweat it, Lottie, I'll tell him," he began, sticking his hand out for Draco to shake. "I'm Spencer Ross, sometimes known as Stella Ross, but right now, I'm Spencer." Draco's shook Spencer's hand, clearly impressed by the change of tone, and masculine appearance. Spencer cleared his throat nervously, running a hand through his dark brown hair. "I hope my whole 'changing' thing doesn't scare you away-" Draco rolled his eyes, poking his egg yolk with his fork, and watching as it burst open, and bled gold. "Honestly, Spencer, the only thing I'm scared of right now is the results for the pop quiz we did Transfiguration, and Filch's shitty cat," he replied, and Spencer and Charlotte spluttered with laughter.

Draco softened slightly. "Why would I be scared of my own friend? Come on now, you know perfectly well that's quite ridiculous," he continued, and Spencer seemed close to tears. Thankfully though, he didn't reach out for a hug, but instead cleared his throat, looking up. "Thank you, Draco. I really needed to hear that." Malfoy nodded at him, smiling back. They stood there for a moment, staring into earth other's eyes, before Hermione came hurling towards the group of them, breathing rapidly, and directing her attention towards Draco.

"Draco Malfoy, before you say anything, at this very minute, I'm going to need you shut up how I know about you and Harry getting back together again, and follow me to the dorms, because you're boyfriend is planning to go on another one of his suicide missions, and I can't stop him. You're probably one of the only people who he'll let force some sense into him, so come on, he was packing before I got to him, so he's likely to be almost finished now," she said quickly, grabbing Draco's wrist, and pulling him away from Spencer and Charlotte, who waved at him, looking openly confused. Draco mouthed the words 'I'll explain when I get back,' allowing himself to be lead away by Hermione.

He had a pretty good idea about who Harry was going to look for.

—————————————————-

If I made a bunch of drarry oneshots, would you guys read them? Btw, I won't be updating this book for a while, I hope that's ok?
-R🧚