Chapter 2: Harry's POV

Harry Potter could remember being invited to the Weasley's after the war. At first, he thought against supposedly interrupting the mourning of Fred Weasley- but as he contemplated further, he found that it was a comforting thought, staying around the people he loved. So here he was, being badgered by an agitated Mrs Weasley - who constantly felt the need to remind Harry how skinny he was.

If he was being completely honest, he was starting to regret accepting the request. Ginny was there, and Harry was beginning to get increasingly uncomfortable with her consistent questions and smothering. She was almost getting as bad as her mother, was the first thought that crossed his mind, and he instantly felt guilty.

Ginny was supposed to be his girlfriend, and she meant well. Harry knew this was true, but couldn't help but feel an vague awkwardness whenever they kissed or showed any signs of intimacy. It was like getting physical with a sibling, or family member- not like he had any. He knew he should've probably broken up with her by now, but tried to manifest love for the sake of their relationship, and the sake of continuing to be friends with Ron.

He should really start -
"Harry!" came a voice, and he snapped his head round. Ah, speak of the devil. Ginny stood at the doorway of his shared room, an excited look on her face.
"We've got Hogwarts acceptance letters!" she declared, waving a familiar piece of parchment above her head frantically. Harry blinked in disbelief, staring at the emblem of the school he had once called home. Well he should have expected it, having practically saved the place in the past, but he still felt the same shock he felt almost seven years ago.

"Well?" Ginny said, approaching Harry with what had to be the world's biggest smile.
"Aren't you excited? This means we get to go back!" Harry hesitated for a moment, a collection of thoughts running through his head. He really, really wanted to feel the rush and thrill that came with attending Hogwarts again, something he had been lacking for so long, but there was too many somber memories Harry preferred to keep locked away, in the dark conscious of his brain.

But then again, Ron and Hermione would definitely be going back - if, as Ginny claimed, they had received their letters - and Harry didn't feel like being stranded at the burrow for a whole school year with no one to keep him company but Mrs Weasley, who, he admitted, would not be very good for interesting conversation. Moreover, if he decided to stay back, Hermione would definitely drag him by the hair to platform nine and three quarters, and chain him to a compartment.

And so, after a long line of indecisive thoughts, Harry looked up with a weak smile.
"Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it." he uttered, in what had to be the world's least excited voice.
"Me too. Also, Ron wants you downstairs." stated Ginny, turning around and finally leaving. Harry sighed and slowly got up from his position on his bed, wanting to take his time. As he ambled down the stairs, Hermione's cat, Crookshanks, wove in and out of his legs, purring affectionately. Harry allowed a small smile creep on his face, lifting up the cat.

He had never really liked Crookshanks, but had quickly discovered that the cat, other than Hermione, was the only person who understood him. Reaching the bottom of the stairs, Harry was instantly impacted by Hermione's squeals, joined by Ginny, causing the cat in his arms to hiss and scramble away. Ron rolled his eyes and clapped his friend on the back.
"What about it huh? Back to Hogwarts. Never would have thought..." Mrs Weasley burst in, wielding a piece of parchment with rushed handwriting on it.

"Harry, dear, would you like me to go collect your robes and books along with everyone else's?" she asked, stuffing the paper into her pocket hastily. Harry glanced at Mrs Weasley, a warm smile on his face.
"Yes please, that would be great." he replied, trying to manage a cheerful tone. This was going to be an interesting school year. All over again...

——————————

Wow, this chapter is way longer than the first one.
-R🧚