𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 48

The match between Nekoma boys team and Karasuno team had reached its conclusion, and just as Y/n had predicted, feelings of both sorrowfulness and happiness engulfed her.

Now she was getting ready to have her own match, with her own team, already feeling apprehensive about the outcome.

I have to win this. We have to win this.

She tightened her ponytail, entering the hall, the chanting of the crowd already growing louder as each player warmed up for the upcoming match.

Once everyone had finished warming up, both teams approached their coach, waiting for any sort of advice they could possibly get from them.

The coaches of both teams finished speaking to the teams, and now both teams formed their own circles, shouting their team's name as their hands flew upwards in sync.

Now they were standing in two lines in contrast to each other, and once the captains have been called out, they greeted each other, and soon after that everyone went to take their position.

Y/n now stood at the left side of the court, prepared to spike the ball at any moment.

The sound of a whistle called for a start of the match, and the opposing team was the one serving.

Y/n's eyes immediately sticked to the ball, with no intention of leaving it unobserved anytime soon. When the ball flied up, the time gradually slowed down for the girl yet again, and her concentration only grew.

The serve was a jump floating one, and Y/n immediately gulped tensely, her eyes following the flying object until it landed on the parquet of the Nekoma team's side of the court.

First point goes to them. No worries though, my girls and I can turn this to our favour.

„Stay focused everyone!” Y/n said, offering a short glance to each one of her teammates to which they all responded with a simple nod.

The next few points also went to the opposing team.

I can't let anything affect my ability. Get your shit together Y/n.

She thought, remembering the match she had observed before having her own.

Where are you when I need you the most?

She referred to the wilder, more capable version of herself, the one everyone else had addressed as cheetah of the court.

Come on! Why is it so fucking hard to force you to get out?!

That version of herself, the unstoppable, almost invincible version of her, was the one she could perhaps think of as an alter ego.

Even she had never fully come to understand the way that thing works, the way it thinks or moves.

And now as her team had been falling behind in the match, trying their best nevertheless, she noticed something; they were losing hope.

No! This can't be happening!

She bit her lower lip, observing the ball as it flied towards Nekoma's side of the court again, and before her mind could even think of it, her legs were already moving.

Running, holding her breath, she jumped to reach the ball and even though her fall had been as painful as it seemed to be, she sent the ball flying again.

„Come on, what are you waiting for?! Get the ball!” she growled, and the rest of her team did exactly that, getting hold of the ball, and as soon as the setter tossed it, Sakura spiked the ball vigorously, earning the first encouraging point for the Nekoma team.