𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 47

Preparations for the next match in the hall prevented Y/n from giving an adequate answer to her coach's questions, and truthfully, she absolutely loved the fact that she just escaped being forbidden to participate in the upcoming match.

Using her chance to run away from the coach before the questions considering her well-being could be brought up again, she rushed back to the parking lot, waiting for her father to show up and give her a ride back to her house.

The air seemed to be cooler than usual, and every time she breathed out, a white cloud would appear in front of her as her warm breath collided with the coolness in the air.

It had already been twilight time, and as the darkness gradually amplified, her apprehension did as well.

This time both Kuroo and Kenma were having a match of their own at the moment, and albeit she wanted to go and watch their match, she had some things to take care of at home.

Ultimately, the gloaming arrived and the shimmering lights in the distance were the only thing Y/n could focus on in order to distract herself from the darkness growing in the sky.

Soon afterward, a familiar vehicle parked next to her, and the sight of her father sitting on the driver's side had never made the girl feel more relieved before.

Taking her seat and putting her seatbelt on, the girl sighed exhaustedly, trying not to think about the pain lingering in her leg muscles.

„So how did the match go, sweetheart?” her father asked curiously, glancing at her as he waited for the answer.

„We won.

„Really?!

„Yes.

„That's amazing! So when do you have the next match?”

The pain striked again and she subtly winced, promptly smiling after her father rose an eyebrow suspiciously.

„Are you alright, Y/n?

„Um, yes, I'm fine. I'm just really tired.”

He kept staring at her suspiciously for few more seconds, until he finally decided to accept her answer, momentarily driving away from the parking lot.

„I believe you, all that running, jumping and even thinking must be exhausting. And the worst part is that you keep excercising before and after the matches. You really need a proper break sometimes, sweetheart.”

She leaned her head against the window, glancing at her father as he spoke, and then shifting her gaze onto the road.

„I don't think I would be able to ever forgive myself if I just wasted my free time sitting around while the nationals are still ongoing. I really have to give my best right now.”

The memories of the encounter with the man and the woman from yesterday immediately flashed through her mind, and her eyes slightly widened at the sudden thought.

Her father seemed to have been thinking of the same thing, as he brought it up shortly.

„What about that offer you got yesterday? Isn't that a great opportunity? I don't think they would give up on you if your team happened to lose at the nationals sw-”

„We won't lose,” she interrupted, not even glancing at the man as she spoke.

„Y/n losing isn't as bad as you might think...”

„You think losing is a good thing dad?”

„No, not exactly, but what I'm trying to say it that without loss, there's no success either.”