𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 35

Before we start with this chapter, I'd just like to thank you all for 2k reads even though the story isn't over yet. I really appreciate the time you all invested in reading and hopefully savouring my story, as well as the comments you've left, they're definitely something that brings a smile to my resting bitch face. And now that we've got to this point, I wish you luck for reading the remaining chapters, you'll need it <3

As the blonde boy's embrace around the (e/c) eyed girl tightened, she shivered anxiously, remembering that this embrace could be the last one that he'll ever offer to her.

Throat sore, eyes dry and stinging, she inhaled deeply, gathering courage to look into Kenma's golden eyes one more time.

The moment her gaze flew upwards to meet his, she had realised that their proximity could lead to yet another kiss, if the boy only bent down for a couple millimetres.

His questionable gaze rested on her heating face, as the blood rushed through her body all the way to her cheeks, making the girl feel as if her face was set on fire.

Meanwhile, the taller boy couldn't bring himself to stop staring at his best friends, as they shared yet another moment that could easily reveal their true feelings for each other to anyone else who sighted it. Nevertheless, the two of them remained utterly blind towards all those clear signs.

Kuroo leaned against the sleeping tree, crossing arms over his chest, as he kept staring at Y/n and Kenma.

„So, Chibi-chan, when exactly are you moving away...and where are you moving to? Kuroo asked, his voice not revealing anything about the way he had felt at the juncture.

That question caused yet another wave of pain in his throat, it felt as if it was ripping apart from the inside.

Y/n cleared her throat, begrudgingly stepping away from the blonde boy, hoping that she'd get to experience an embrace similar to that last one again.

„Well, dad's business trip is scheduled for January 23rd, and since it's nearly the end of December, he has enough time to prepare all the documents for me and to make me a new passport...so I'm pretty sure we'll be moving away around 21st January. Oh and we'll be moving to France.”

Both Kuroo and Kenma were bewildered by her words, as Kuroo stepped away from the tree, nearing the girl in only two steps.

„You're moving to Europe?!”, Kuroo asked loudly, his fists clenching at the mere thought of Y/n living so far away.

„Y-yes, but it's gonna be...fun...”, the last word came out impecipherably, as her gaze and chin went downcast.

After a few seconds of silence, Kenma's voice interrupted the flow of her thoughts, as both Kuroo and Y/n averted their surprised gazes to the blonde boy.

„Why are you moving away? Was it your father's idea or yours? Do you not like living here anymore?”

Kuroo glanced at the girl for a second, soon afterward returning his gaze onto the blonde boy.

„Could we start walking again? I think it'd be easier for me to explain when I have something else to do...”, her voice slowly faded away as she finished the sentence, as her fingers toyed with the zipper of her (f/c) coloured jacket.

The boys merely nodded, and the three of them commenced hiking on the sidewalk again.

„So...my father has to go away for a business trip and this one will take much longer than the ones he's had before. Usually, he'd be away for at least a week, and sometimes it'd take a month for him to return back home. But this time, it's crucial for him to go to this business trip, since he could get a raise and therefore he might be able to pay for other kinds of medicines for my m-”, realising that she might've never mentioned anything related to her mother's health before, she stopped talking, trying to remember if she's had that sort of conversation with either one of them.