𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 26

Darkness visited Tokyo, turning the sky into an endless path decorated with celestial bodies. The glittering stars shattered all over the sky, street lights and coldness in the air, as tall boy and a (h/c) haired girl walked in tranquility.

After approximately five minutes of walking in silence, the girl finally decided to start talking.

„Hey, Kuroo...

„I know.”

Her eyes followed the boy as he paced forward, his chin placed downwards. It was incredibly painful to see him acting this way.

„Listen...I don't want you to think that all this time we've spent together in this fake relationship didn't mean anything to me.”

„Well, the way you still call it a fake relationship says otherwise.”

She went silent for a moment, simply looking at the boy, feeling as if he just multiplied the burden in her chest by a lot.

„Do you want me to acknowledge it as an actual relationship then?”

„No, you don't have to do that, since you never actually liked me that way anyway.”

At first she was silent once again, this time looking away from the boy, soon after stopping her movements.

„Stop saying those things, it makes me feel bad.”

„Do you know how bad I've felt watching you turn your back to me, hearing you reject me every single time? I've liked you ever since I first met you. You were always the one I'd look for in the hallways. I thought it would stop once I got to experience something with you, once I got the chance to hug you or kiss you. But you know what? It didn't. It didn't stop.

He paused, taking a short break and inhaling deeply, as he finally turned in her direction, looking directly into her (e/c) eyes and slowly approaching the girl as he commenced talking again.

„Instead of stoping to like you...once I actually got the chance to experience those things with you, I wanted more.”

The girl merely kept staring at the boy, bewildered by his sudden outburst of emotions.

„I wanted to see you more often, to talk to you more often, to listen to your voice. I just wanted to be close to you. I still fucking do. I want you so bad, but I know that you don't feel the same.”

The girl stood there in silence for some time, until she suddenly laid down onto the asphalt. It was a cold night, and once she exhaled, her breath formed a white cloud.

„What are you doing? You'll catch a cold, please get up.”

He spoke looking down at the girl, as she placed her right arm over her head, covering the eyes.

„You know...it's not that I've never liked you that way. I used to have a crush on you back then, when we first met. Actually, way before that. During my first year in this school, I've liked you a lot. I was just afraid of trusting someone else, other than myself. I'm sorry for making it seem like I've never liked you.”

Her words hit him way harder than she had expected. He was absolutely oblivious this whole time. He never realized that she had felt the same way towards him before. But at this juncture, it is probably too late for that, even he was aware of that.

He knew that she had decided to let him know the truth now of all times just to make things easier for him. To make him feel like he wasn't completely rejected.