𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 44

The first day of the new year Y/n, Kenma, Kuroo and Riyuki spent together, visiting a shrine to get their omikuji, a fortune-telling paper strip.

„What did you guys get?” Kuroo asked as they slowly paced towards the highest point on this particular shrine's grounds.

Everyone unrolled their omikuji simultaneously, a moment of silence emerging as they took a few seconds to process the words written on the paper.

„I got half-blessing,” Kuroo stated, glancing at each one of them as he anticipated the other's outcomes.

„Small curse,” Kenma added imperturbably.

„I got future blessing,” Riyuki said, earning glances from Kuroo and Kenma, whereas Y/n merely kept staring at her own paper.

„And what about you Chibi-chan?” Kuroo added, getting both Kenma and Riyuki to point their eyes to the girl who seemed to be in a daze.

„Chibi-chan, are you okay?” Kuroo spoke again, approaching the girl and waving in front of her face with his left hand.

The girl abruptly flinched at his sudden action, giving everyone a short glance before finally revealing her own result.

She lifted the paper to her face level, turning it around so that the three of them could see what was written on their own.

„Curse,” Kuroo read aloud, a frown instantly forming on his face as he said that.

He made another step towards the girl, placing his right hand on her left shoulder as he spoke with a smile on his face, „Don't worry about it, Chibi-chan. I'm pretty sure you picked the wrong paper considering how clumsy you are.”

She instantly glared at Kuroo, removing his hand from her shoulder.

„Shut up.”

„I really wish I counted how many times you've said shut up to me ever since we've met,” he mumbled, gazing into the distance as he spoke.

„Yeah, I wish I counted the times you didn't shut up after I said that,” she added and the smirk instantly appeared on his face.

„Well, we should probably get back to the shrine so that you and Kenma can get rid of those curses,” Kuroo explained, walking back in shrine's direction, as Kenma and Y/n exchanged gazes for a moment, following the boy momentarily while Riyuki rolled her eyes, being the last one to go back to the shrine.

As most people do when they get the omikuji concerning bad luck, or in this situation, a curse, they leave their papers tied to the shrine, believing that this way they will leave the bad luck behind.

And so that is exactly what they did. Both Kenma and Y/n left their paper tied there amongst many others, leaving the shrine's grounds believing that they have truly left the bad luck behind.

The words on that paper could mean many things, they could be interpreted in multiple ways. Even if you got a curse, it didn't necessarily have to mean that you were to experience something horrifying, but at the same time, it could mean exactly that.

However, getting curse in this situation was much better than getting the great curse.

Once the four of them went back to the tram station, they decided to go to the first restaurant that catches their attention in the city, in order to make more memories with Y/n before she finally moves away.

They still had around twenty days to be around her, to make memories with her; yet, it still seemed as if those twenty days were not nearly enough to make memories and spend more time with her. At least it seemed that way to the certain blonde boy.